cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the solution for the G-Sync flickering on the PG278Q?

matrixleader
Level 8
1) There is a bug in the latest 3 nVIDIA Driver where even if you have G-Sync set to Full Screen mode only, it is actually always running in windowed mode which leads to....

2) Everytime I open a video for example, if I double click in MPC-HC, the screen would flicker. Happens in every program when switching between windowed/full screen mode. This is very annoying for a monitor I paid 800 USD for

any solution for this? do you think it's a driver issue which is dated back to 2014 on the ASUS website or a firmware issue or a hardware bug that cannot be fixed with this monitor?

The solution posted here by someone for using CRU to change the timings didn't work for me, after I changed the timings I didn't see the new resolution and yes I did reboot. Also I don't like the idea of altering the timings myself I would like for an official solution.
2 REPLIES 2

b00gjuice
Level 8
Hey matrix,

I replied to you in another thread. Have you tried removing your 2nd GPU and see if gsync works correctly? I don't mean just disabling it, but removing it from your system completely. I got my PG278Q in August 2014 and gysnc would not work if I had my dedicated physx card in the system, even if it was disabled.

-Good Luck

b00gjuice wrote:
Hey matrix,

I replied to you in another thread. Have you tried removing your 2nd GPU and see if gsync works correctly? I don't mean just disabling it, but removing it from your system completely. I got my PG278Q in August 2014 and gysnc would not work if I had my dedicated physx card in the system, even if it was disabled.

-Good Luck

I didn't bro and I'm not going to remove the 2nd GPU no way! I paid an arm and a leg for my system it should work with everything installed