cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The real reason you cant get a ROG Swift in NA! - Now Disproved

DJDUPONT
Level 8
Cats out of the bag kids!

ASUS signed an exclusive deal with BestBuy so be prepared to pay out the a$$! They even went as far as breaking contracts with retailors!

39 REPLIES 39

dupalec
Level 7

dupalec wrote:
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=AS-PG278Q - has it in stock.

Thanks for link, holding out for amazon.com or newegg here... trust their return policy more than smaller online retailers if something goes wrong.

Or maybe I'll pay $1599 that someone is asking for a pre-order on ebay 🙂 (kidding!)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q-Premium-Gaming-Monitor-PRE-ORDER-FOR-THE-RELEASE-DATE-...

whoa...Just looked at the shipping costs on superbiiz... They list the shipping weight as 74.47lbs! assume it's a mistake or maybe their way of increasing margins. Asus lists gross weight at 10.5kg (abt 23lbs)

compactiongames wrote:
whoa...Just looked at the shipping costs on superbiiz... They list the shipping weight as 74.47lbs! assume it's a mistake or maybe their way of increasing margins. Asus lists gross weight at 10.5kg (abt 23lbs)

I saw that too, are they shipping a concrete block with it?

dupalec
Level 7

dupalec wrote:
and it's out of stock :]

and I just found another one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9175893&CatId=5469#Yellow...

It's not actually in stock. I contacted them and they said it's not physically in stock in a warehouse they own. It is being sent to them by a 3rd party warehouse, which means they could have genuine stock now, or a month from now, or never. I.E. it's a pre-order.

TigerDirect is liars.

ssateneth wrote:
It's not actually in stock. I contacted them and they said it's not physically in stock in a warehouse they own. It is being sent to them by a 3rd party warehouse, which means they could have genuine stock now, or a month from now, or never. I.E. it's a pre-order.

TigerDirect is liars.

No kidding. The number of times I've tried to place an order on an instock item and it said "In stock" and then when you go to add it it says "Ships in 2-3 months".

WAT!?

DJDUPONT
Level 8
NavasC wrote:
No kidding. The number of times I've tried to place an order on an instock item and it said "In stock" and then when you go to add it it says "Ships in 2-3 months".

WAT!?

I went ahead and ordered it, during checkout process, it said 4-6 days. This makes complete sense as its been confirmed that it will be available on the 26th . Now IT SAYS OUT OF STOCK.

FYI - I found the product on my own on tiger via the search I didn't see the link above till afterword's. So I personally think its legit. But now it says out of stock so i'm sure a bunch of people jumped on it. If push comes to shove and I get an email saying something like weeks or months ill just order it through a different retailer.

Update -

My current status says - to drop shipper.

So as explained above it is coming out of a separate warehouse this isn't uncommon. So Tiger probable was told the can have X amount drop shipped. Again, his is not uncommon for particular products its most likely being shipped directly from ASUS or the Logistics provider aka 3rd party warehouse. 99% of car parts are done this way but most PC parts aren't. But I will keep this updated as I get more info.

NavasC
Level 7
Currently still waiting on Newegg, or BestBuy. Newegg doesn't have a distribution in TX so we don't pay sales tax on it. If Best Buy gets it soon, I'll use that and get financing on it so i don't swallow $800 all at once 😛

NavasC wrote:
Currently still waiting on Newegg, or BestBuy. Newegg doesn't have a distribution in TX so we don't pay sales tax on it. If Best Buy gets it soon, I'll use that and get financing on it so i don't swallow $800 all at once 😛

I usually use new egg myself since their warehouse is in NJ and ground shipping cost result in 1 day shipping time since I'm in CT and basically have the Northeast UPS hub in my backyard. But I didn't want to take the risk as Newegg is super popular and will most likely sell out in hours if not min's.