cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The real reason you cant get a ROG Swift in NA! - Now Disproved

DJDUPONT
Level 8
Cats out of the bag kids!

ASUS signed an exclusive deal with BestBuy so be prepared to pay out the a$$! They even went as far as breaking contracts with retailors!

39 REPLIES 39

DJDUPONT wrote:
Listen I have no reason to troll here and I understand I'm a new member so of course my post is going to be in question. I encourage everyone to always think for themselves.

I literally called NCIX yesterday and I was right out told they will not be carrying it and its exclusive to BestBuy. If that means Canada only , I have no idea.. Pretty sure I dialed the US 800 #. is there BB in Canada? I have no idea but I wouldn't doubt it, as there HQ is in Minnesota which is a bordering state and pretty damn close.

Company's do exclusive stuff all the time, they pay money to have the rights. Its called a marketing partnership, PC gaming and computers in general are so main stream these days and with the rise gamers spanning generations born from the last 40 years I wouldn't doubt it. The only thing bad about this is pricing for consumers. It creates no competition.

This is the same thing when hardware manufactures get exclusive rights to promote their products on software. Such as EA/Nivida or exclusive maps for XBOX say for COD.

I don't see a reason for them to lie as their basically turning away business. Call yourself and find out if you want.

Maybe NCIX is out, maybe Newegg and Tiger Direct are in. Notice Neweggs place holder "May or may not be restock"

I will say it again, and iw as even in shock to hear they sales guy say "BestBuy is the exclusive retailer.

i called NCIX Canada earlier today and the rep i spoke with said they are not getting anymore units in when i asked to place and order on backorder. im sure they were just an idiot and i am going to assume they have pretty much sold of their current stock with them not having a restock in sight yet.

indecently i emailed Canada computers and the rep said they should be up for order in 2-3 weeks at 879.99 CAD she is currently looking into a more accurate ETA

i have not seen any news that supports an exclusive deal with bestbuy in my search though.

X-ROG
Level 15
The following retailers will have availability after 8/26. We are making them as fast as we can but we expect to sell outthe first few batches fast as there is strong demand. After initial wave, (into Sept) availability should get better. Not sure if retailers will setup pre-ordering (or if their websites have function to even do this), so we cannot affect the chance of you getting one in first batch. We can't say 'exact' date as every company has their own internal process to put products live on site/in store.

USA: Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, Bestbuy.com, Frys.com, bandhphoto.com
Canada: Canadacomputers.com, Memoryexpress.com, NCIX.com and TigerDirect.ca

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
The following retailers will have availability after 8/26. We are making them as fast as we can but we expect to sell outthe first few batches fast as there is strong demand. After initial wave, (into Sept) availability should get better. Not sure if retailers will setup pre-ordering (or if their websites have function to even do this), so we cannot affect the chance of you getting one in first batch. We can't say 'exact' date as every company has their own internal process to put products live on site/in store.

USA: Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, Bestbuy.com, Frys.com, bandhphoto.com
Canada: Canadacomputers.com, Memoryexpress.com, NCIX.com and TigerDirect.ca

Any idea when PCNation/Officenation will receive their supply?

Crazycanukk
Level 7
everything is fine..Asus is handling in expert fashion...

Crazycanukk wrote:
whats P****g me off to no end..is why as customers who ASOS wants our cash left to dig for this information ourselves. Someone in Asus needs to lose their job for the crap handling of this whole release. it really is absolutely amateur hour at best in their marketing department.

if this monitor is being released in a week or so..Asus shouldnt be forcing their paying customers to beg for information.

Take yourself a chill pill and read 2 posts above yours, someone from ASUS gave some information he's not just a Moderator, he's at ASUS HQ...that should be good enough to satisfy your demand for knowing what's going on.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Exactly as Myk has stated .. MarshallR is the Marshall of ROGcity in these parts .. We have learned we can make 'bank' on his word.
When he says 'this is what's up' .. that's what's up !!! That simple.

Just relax .. we have all seen this over and over again with the anticipation of newly released equipment. Not to long ago
the same exact thread could have been read inserting any number of products .. they are all among us now.
This to shall pass .. patience.
Be the cat, the mouse will get here when it gets here.

DJD .. you did good bringing this forward and some of what is being said by uninformed, to lazy to find out, phone answerers.
Now 'The Word' has come down from the mountaintop ... M has spoken !!! .c.

Crazycanukk
Level 7
I changed my post...

i apologize for having an opinion

Scouten
Level 7

got mine ordered @ CanadaComputers price works out to be 800 USD MSRP + Tax

ETA is 28th august for pickup

Scouten
Level 7
would like to update for canadians the swift is soldout at Ncix and mem express until mid september looking around the 15-20th

Just letting you that Frys Electronics store in Fountain Valley, Ca have them in stock .
I was there for the Frys Promo Codes about 5:30pm 8/21/2014 and ask salesguy about the new ASUS ROG Swift Monitors he said got them today
and he let see the boxes did'nt have one out for display yet . he said be a couples day to be online @ Frys.com $699.99