cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The real reason you cant get a ROG Swift in NA! - Now Disproved

DJDUPONT
Level 8
Cats out of the bag kids!

ASUS signed an exclusive deal with BestBuy so be prepared to pay out the a$$! They even went as far as breaking contracts with retailors!

39 REPLIES 39

jasonvp
Level 7
I think folks should read the text in the lower right corner of the OP's image.

BestBuy only. HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! Asus couldn't possibly be that stupid.
System specs: click here.

Did newegg already sell out of them already? or is that up becauase they dont have any yet.

kkn
Level 14
newegg did sell it out yes.
@chino: no money sir 😛 unless you buy em for me 😛
going to spend a good deal of money for the upgrade on the outside ( sucks to have a old house ).

kkn wrote:
going to spend a good deal of money for the upgrade on the outside ( sucks to have a old house ).

why don't i believe you

kkn wrote:

Newegg hasn't even sold any yet. That listing is a placeholder until they get stock. They have done it plenty of times before for future product releases. It's not nice to give out misinformation.

Kronvict wrote:
Newegg hasn't even sold any yet. That listing is a placeholder until they get stock. They have done it plenty of times before for future product releases. It's not nice to give out misinformation.
Ya i def hope so because that news kinda ruined my day.

NavasC
Level 7
Looks like a holding page. They don't even have product images up. This is similar to when the ROG Front Base came out, Newegg had the same thing until it was actually in stock. Note that you can't find that page through usual search on Newegg's site. It's a placeholder.

chrsplmr
Level 18
NavasC .. thank you for bringing that to my/our attention, I never want to give incorrect info .. well done bro.

I didn't take it as exactly rude .. no probem at all.
If I have neglected to say so before ... Welcome to ROG.

So the question remains .. where, when ... is the best buy thing true.

((doesn't sound like a best buy move to me .. or Asus. BB is notorious for 'dumbing down' their
models of whatever to reach their undercutting pricepoints .. this is a top shelf monitor ..
no wiggle room for 'dumbing down' and then the one that was actually developed isn't released ? naaa
I would be as surprised as the OP .. and NewEgg doesn't put placeholders up for product they
are thinking about ordering .. if it is there I would think it is on it's way .. I could be wrong, did
anybody see my meds ? ))

Listen I have no reason to troll here and I understand I'm a new member so of course my post is going to be in question. I encourage everyone to always think for themselves.

I literally called NCIX yesterday and I was right out told they will not be carrying it and its exclusive to BestBuy. If that means Canada only , I have no idea.. Pretty sure I dialed the US 800 #. is there BB in Canada? I have no idea but I wouldn't doubt it, as there HQ is in Minnesota which is a bordering state and pretty damn close.

Company's do exclusive stuff all the time, they pay money to have the rights. Its called a marketing partnership, PC gaming and computers in general are so main stream these days and with the rise gamers spanning generations born from the last 40 years I wouldn't doubt it. The only thing bad about this is pricing for consumers. It creates no competition.

This is the same thing when hardware manufactures get exclusive rights to promote their products on software. Such as EA/Nivida or exclusive maps for XBOX say for COD.

I don't see a reason for them to lie as their basically turning away business. Call yourself and find out if you want.

Maybe NCIX is out, maybe Newegg and Tiger Direct are in. Notice Neweggs place holder "May or may not be restock"

I will say it again, and iw as even in shock to hear they sales guy say "BestBuy is the exclusive retailer.