cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift or Strix?

cjsjr249
Level 9
I've just completed my new build including a NVIDIA GTX980 Strix and a ROG Swift PG278Q. The new PC and monitor run great until I try to play a game. Whenever I run any game, either downloaded from STEAM or on a disc the game will start up and run beautifully for 30 seconds to a couple of minutes then the monitor will shut down and display "no signal". I have to restart my PC to get the monitor to come back on then everything works again. Any thoughts or advice on what the problem could be?
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi cjsjr249 and Welcome to ROG

Sounds to me like a driver issue or temp related to your GPU.
Have you run a stress test on your card? Monitoring temps while testing.
Do you have the latest GPU driver installed?
Have you tried this Microsoft fix: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/games/en-us
Also make sure your GPU settings re: resolution etc, can be handled by your monitor and configured correctly and that all cable connections are plugged in correctly.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

cjsjr249
Level 9
Thanks for your help MeanMachine, but I made a typical first build noob mistake. The Strix card has an 8 pin and 6 pin PCI-E connector, I only had the 8 pin connected! Doh, as soon as I hooked up the 6 pin everything ran fine at all settings and resolutions. After reading all the horror stories on this forum I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake buying this monitor, but so far so good "knock on wood".