cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG32UQ update FW

UltimateGohanSS
Level 8
Hello.Is it safe to update FW with DP port or i have to with HDMI 2 port?(in Manuel says i need HDMI 2 and usb3 uplink)Thank you
19 REPLIES 19

Chynonyno wrote:

By the way, do you not notice the RED color of your monitor too saturated or is it just my unit?

Yeah, you gotta back the saturation off. It's not just the Red

Be aware of what you are trying to achieve by adjusting the saturation on this monitor.

Here is a measurement of the gamut volume on the PG32UQ at factory settings and eco mode off:
The dotted line represents the target gamut for sRGB.

Here is a measurement of the gamut volume in sRGB mode:
Notice how the display gamut now closely matches the sRGB target.

Now let's put the monitor in User mode so I can turn down the saturation. Here is the monitor with saturation at 25:

Do you see a problem here? Yellow, red, magenta, and blue are under the target saturation for sRGB. Green and cyan are still way outside. The saturation control here is not uniformly adjusting all the colors for this monitor. If it did, I'd actually use it to dial in the correct sRGB gamut while retaining color temp control in User mode.

The issue with blown out colors is not specific to the PG32UQ. It's actually a problem with how Windows handles wide gamut displays. Outside of color managed applications such as Lightroom and Photoshop, most things will look over saturated on a display that can output more than sRGB.

Chynonyno
Level 7
I am following all the steps of the PDF to carry out the update and it gives me an error.

1. Conect USB 3.0

2. HDMI 2

3.open the software and click Refresh to check whether the Device is connected successfully

What am I doing wrong?

The "old" v024 and the current one are the same. I verified that they have the same checksum.

Chynonyno wrote:
I am following all the steps of the PDF to carry out the update and it gives me an error.

Do you have another computer that you can try the update with?

Ecmslee wrote:
The "old" v024 and the current one are the same. I verified that they have the same checksum.

Do you have another computer that you can try the update with?

Why should my computer be an impediment?

I do all the steps that need to be followed to try to update and there is no way.

I do it from a 1080Ti and Windows 10

Chynonyno wrote:

1. Conect USB 3.0

2. HDMI 2

3.open the software and click Refresh to check whether the Device is connected successfully

What am I doing wrong?

You need put in USB3.0 uplink port cable from the monitor asus box

asmodyus
Level 10
Just a warning v024 bricked my monitor while following the directions installed the firmware than shut off and never turned back on before.

updated to v24 no problems here it’s a lot better especially the dynamic dimming, don’t get big black circle shadows around text no more

MikeBurrows92 wrote:
updated to v24 no problems here it’s a lot better especially the dynamic dimming, don’t get big black circle shadows around text no more

That is, because local dimming feature is mostly off, it don't work correctly in games. See my pictures from Resident Evil Village. You can just look it yourself.

OMGDrAcula
Level 9
Updating to FW024 with DP cable and USB cable was successful. Just FYI to everyone.