cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG32UQ Unable to Access BIOS

Drejacks
Level 7
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Recently just built a rig with Maximus Apex Z690 i9-12900k and I am using a ROG Swift PG32UQ for the monitor.
My issue is that it is impossible to access the BIOS due to the time the monitor takes to initialize. I have disabled fast boot and allowed my USB hub to stay awake. I have tried using a wireless and wired keyboard and still cannot see the Asus logo where the window of opportunity lies to hit "Del" or "F2"... it goes directly to the Windows logon screen when restarted or when powering on from being shutdown.
I have the latest BIOS for the MOBO and firmware version 0204 for the monitor.

If I switch to a generic HP monitor I am able to see the Asus logo and hit the "Del" keys and thus access the bios, but not on the ROG Swift PG32UQ.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.
52 REPLIES 52

rwilko78
Level 7
Hi, I’ve got the same issue with the*ROG Swift PG329Q and a new Maximus Z690 Hero build with a 12900k and 3090FE. I get no display on the monitor until at the Windows 11 login screen and the keyboard is unresponsive during boot, so even spamming Del at the right time doesn’t enter BIOS. I’m using displayport.

Connecting to an old Acer monitor via display port works fine, I can see the ROG bios splash screen on boot with the Del / F2 prompts*

No issue before with the same monitor and 3090FE on my old 9900k on a Maximus XI Hero board*

This tip might help someone. I was having a similar issue with a PG329Q monitor and I've found that if I turn on the screen and immediately turn on the PC the BIOS will complain but if I wait for the screen to show 'Displayport no signal' and then turn on the PC there will be no issue and the BIOS splash screen will show and go straight into windows.

jwkuyser wrote:
This tip might help someone. I was having a similar issue with a PG329Q monitor and I've found that if I turn on the screen and immediately turn on the PC the BIOS will complain but if I wait for the screen to show 'Displayport no signal' and then turn on the PC there will be no issue and the BIOS splash screen will show and go straight into windows.

Hello, do you think the problem might be the BIOS? Which motherboard / chipset are you using?

darkcg wrote:
Hello, do you think the problem might be the BIOS? Which motherboard / chipset are you using?

I think it may be a combination of BIOS and monitor. The monitor could be not ready to respond in the way the BIOS is expecting at the right moment so waiting for the screen to finish looking for one type of signal can help. That said you would think they would have tested the Asus screen with a range of Asus motherboards including the one I have. My motherboard is an ASUS X470 Prime.

jwkuyser wrote:
I think it may be a combination of BIOS and monitor. The monitor could be not ready to respond in the way the BIOS is expecting at the right moment so waiting for the screen to finish looking for one type of signal can help. That said you would think they would have tested the Asus screen with a range of Asus motherboards including the one I have. My motherboard is an ASUS X470 Prime.

I have an Asus Z690 Maximus Hero, with the same results.
The only difference is probably the graphics card: I'm using a Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! Edition right now (with the latest nVidia firmware update).

Today, after some months, I'm still experiencing the same issues. No solutions.

nono54
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Any news about a firmware upgrade to correct the issue of the display port activation ?

same problem with 2x ROG Swift PG32UQ, Gigabyte 3080 Ti MASTER 12G and ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha with AMD 3960X.
both monitors connected with HDMI 2.1.

2nd Monitor also allways turn on/off few seconds random.

i also contacted support to update product side with firmware v026 for downloading.

statikplan.at wrote:
same problem with 2x ROG Swift PG32UQ, Gigabyte 3080 Ti MASTER 12G and ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha with AMD 3960X.
both monitors connected with HDMI 2.1.

2nd Monitor also allways turn on/off few seconds random.

i also contacted support to update product side with firmware v026 for downloading.

Still, we don't have any official answer about this.

This is a known and old problem, not completely solved, the support advised me to change the screen lol... Come on Asus!

this is the post i opened a while ago: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127551-3080Ti-Strix-OC-and-Display-port-problem!

By searching quickly on Google you can find several topics that talk about it, some of them were solved via an update of the Vbios but for others like me it doesn't work.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just want to reassure you guys that we are aware of the situation and a workaround will be available soon. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.