cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG32UQ Unable to Access BIOS

Drejacks
Level 7
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Recently just built a rig with Maximus Apex Z690 i9-12900k and I am using a ROG Swift PG32UQ for the monitor.
My issue is that it is impossible to access the BIOS due to the time the monitor takes to initialize. I have disabled fast boot and allowed my USB hub to stay awake. I have tried using a wireless and wired keyboard and still cannot see the Asus logo where the window of opportunity lies to hit "Del" or "F2"... it goes directly to the Windows logon screen when restarted or when powering on from being shutdown.
I have the latest BIOS for the MOBO and firmware version 0204 for the monitor.

If I switch to a generic HP monitor I am able to see the Asus logo and hit the "Del" keys and thus access the bios, but not on the ROG Swift PG32UQ.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.
52 REPLIES 52

This solution works with my 2x AsusPG32UQ (HDMI) / Gigabyte 3080 TI / Asus Rog Zenit II Extreme Alpha.

- Start Windows
- Restart Windows
- Go to Bios
- Enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module)
- restart PC
- turn off PC
- unplug power from PC and monitor
- wait few seconds
- plugin power
- turn on Monitor
- start PC

xeromist
All,

Just wanted to post here and let you know ASUS is aware. Haven't heard anything other than that at this point.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
All,

Just wanted to post here and let you know ASUS is aware. Haven't heard anything other than that at this point.

Thank you Xeromist for the effort and the update, it's comforting at least we're not abandoned and alone on this issue.

xeromist wrote:
All,

Thanks Xeromist.

xeromist wrote:
All,

That's at least something...

I have Hero z690, EVGA 3080 Ti and am having the same issues. No problem getting into BIOS with any other monitor with this motherboard. Only Asus PG32UQ

Les_Garten wrote:
That's at least something...

I have Hero z690, EVGA 3080 Ti and am having the same issues. No problem getting into BIOS with any other monitor with this motherboard. Only Asus PG32UQ

I passed on the info. My guess is that we won't hear anything unless and until there is a fix but I at least wanted you folks to know ASUS heard the complaints.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I passed on the info. My guess is that we won't hear anything unless and until there is a fix but I at least wanted you folks to know ASUS heard the complaints.

I just want to add that I have done a test using the integrated GPU from my Intel Core i9 12900K with the "iGPU" setting enabled into the BIOS and connecting the monitor though HDMI: no problem in hooking the video signal even for the BIOS (I'm using Asus RoG Maximus Z690 Hero too).

darkcg wrote:
I just want to add that I have done a test using the integrated GPU from my Intel Core i9 12900K with the "iGPU" setting enabled into the BIOS and connecting the monitor though HDMI: no problem in hooking the video signal even for the BIOS (I'm using Asus RoG Maximus Z690 Hero too).

What OS?

Les_Garten wrote:
What OS?

Windows 11 Professional.

Mutaz2019
Level 8
Hi;
I buy new monitor ROG Strix XG27AQ it is prefect
but i have issue i can't enter Bios because my M.B. Z590-F WiFi didn't detected my new monitor
the windows 10 is detected and every thing is OK in game
i don't know what is the problem ???
i change the DisplayPort cable same issue but ((the HDMI is work ))
only i have issue when i connect my new monitor to DisplayPort ( the VGA_led on) but in windows 10 the monitor work perfect

CPU : i7 11700k
M.B : Z590-F WiFi
Graphic card : Zotac rtx 3080 Ti
RAM : G.skill 32gb
Power Supply : Seasonic1000w