cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG SWIFT PG32UQ Problem

ilchoangelov
Level 7
Hello, from 04.12.2021 I am the owner of ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQ.
I have long dreamed of this type of monitor - 4K 144 Hz and G - Sync.
To be honest, I don't understand much. I just love to play games and have a great picture 🙂 I had some difficulties with the monitor settings. Until now I used Samsung 34 "CF791 Curved (3440x1440 100 hz) and in the beginning it was a bit strange on the new monitor. But after a few hours I think I adapted. For games Asus is quite good.
I realized that in order to use G-Sync I need to use a DP cable and turn off V-sync.
However, I encounter something strange. After a while, my new Asus PG32UQ monitor turns off for a second and starts up again. Its screen turns black and loses its picture. I replaced it with another DP cable and the problem reappeared. Then I swapped the inputs of the Video Card (My video card is Asus Strix 3080Ti). So far I have not had a problem with my old monitor or this video card. I reset the settings on the new monitor, but the problem remains. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO UPDATE IT.
I don't think there's a problem with the monitor or the computer, but I don't think I've done anything right.
I will be grateful for advice.

My problems are several:
1. Why does the monitor turn off and how do I fix this problem (I'm very angry)
2. Which to choose 144 hertz or 155 hertz
3. I notice that when I start the computer, the monitor wakes up very slowly - how can this problem be fixed. Sometimes when the monitor is asleep there is no release, I have to press the back button.

Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

At the moment I have the same problem after I changed my motherboard with the new Asus Z690 Hero, the video is Asus Strix 3080ti, the monitor is Asus PG32uq 4k. The monitor is connected to the display port as before.
I had this problem with the same monitor, the same video card, but with an Asrock motherboard. After updating the monitor, the problem with the Asrok bottom disappeared!
Now after replacing the computer the problem is there. It doesn't load my motherboard logo. It wakes up super slow (monitor).
I wrote to Asus support. From there I was told that they did not understand what my problem was and to do updates on the BIOS, monitor, video card drivers and so on. They made me angry! I think they know very well what the problem is but .....
Friends, does anyone know how to fix the problem
Thank you !

Have you tried the GPU firmware update for the 3080 Ti mentioned here?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128077-ROG-Strix-XG27AQ

Ecmslee wrote:
Have you tried the GPU firmware update for the 3080 Ti mentioned here?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128077-ROG-Strix-XG27AQ

Yes, but the problem was not fixed.

ilchoangelov wrote:
At the moment I have the same problem after I changed my motherboard with the new Asus Z690 Hero, the video is Asus Strix 3080ti, the monitor is Asus PG32uq 4k. The monitor is connected to the display port as before.
I had this problem with the same monitor, the same video card, but with an Asrock motherboard. After updating the monitor, the problem with the Asrok bottom disappeared!
Now after replacing the computer the problem is there. It doesn't load my motherboard logo. It wakes up super slow (monitor).
I wrote to Asus support. From there I was told that they did not understand what my problem was and to do updates on the BIOS, monitor, video card drivers and so on. They made me angry! I think they know very well what the problem is but .....
Friends, does anyone know how to fix the problem
Thank you !

Sell the monitor and make bad reviews about it. Reviewers are not telling the full story, they're all payed slaves.
I regret not having returned this monitor when I had the opportunity.