cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG Swift PG32UQ Mixed Problems.

darkcg
Level 9
I have this monitor connected to a GTX 1070 through DisplayPort. I use a PC built using a new Asus RoG Maximus Z690 Hero and a Core i9 12900K.
Till now, I've experienced mixed issues:
1) Unable to enter the motherboard BIOS, the monitor seems not to get video signal until Windows is fully started (huge problem if you ask me). I don't know why, I've not played much with the settings. This is driving me crazy, it makes my computer unusable. Any solution? This is really a huge let down. HUGE.
2) Unable to set the monitor to a refresh rate greater than 120 Hz if the overclock is disabled. Again, I'm not understanding why.
3) When I power-on the monitor, Windows says it has limited connectivity with the monitor. I don't understand in which terms, considering the USB port is attached to a USB 3 port on the monitor.
4) I have acticavated the overclocking feature to ON, with the Max Refresh Rate set to 155Hz. When I go to the nVidia driver settings, the resolution is correctly set to 4K, but the refresh rate doesn't go past the 60Hz.

In the information menu in the OSD of the monitor, I see:
Color Depth : 10bps
Format: RGB 444
Range: Full Range
VRR: Support

By the way, I'm on firmware version v015 (I 'm a bit scared of updating considerin g what I read on this forum).

Any help?
13 REPLIES 13

Les_Garten
Level 9
darkcg wrote:
I have this monitor connected to a GTX 1070 through DisplayPort. I use a PC built using a new Asus RoG Maximus Z690 Hero and a Core i9 12900K.
1) Unable to enter the motherboard BIOS, the monitor seems not to get video signal until Windows is fully started (huge problem if you ask me). I don't know why, I've not played much with the settings. This is driving me crazy, it makes my computer unusable. Any solution? This is really a huge let down. HUGE.
2) Unable to set the monitor to a refresh rate greater than 120 Hz if the overclock is disabled. Again, I'm not understanding why.
3) When I power-on the monitor, Windows says it has limited connectivity with the monitor. I don't understand in which terms, considering the USB port is attached to a USB 3 port on the monitor.
4) I have acticavated the overclocking feature to ON, with the Max Refresh Rate set to 155Hz. When I go to the nVidia driver settings, the resolution is correctly set to 4K, but the refresh rate doesn't go past the 60Hz.

By the way, I'm on firmware version v015 (I 'm a bit scared of updating considerin g what I read on this forum).

Any help?

How long is your cable?

Did you resolve your issue?

Les_Garten wrote:
How long is your cable?

Did you resolve your issue?

The cable I'm using is the one which comes with the monitor itself.
No, I haven't solved the problem. I don't think users will be able to solve these issues. It's not an end-user problem to be frank and the issue is in the monitor or whatever component is causing it (being it software or hardware).

I use all Asus components except the graphics card (Asuz Z690 Maximus Hero, Asus PG32UQ, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Edition)

I'm baffled by the lack of informations about these issues. No reviewer has ever mentioned it. No official statements from Asus about a possible resolution.
I'm waiting for a new graphics card (RTX 4000 series when it's out).
If the problem persist, I will sell this monitor. Until now, I'm not happy at all with this monitor.

By the way, what's your experience with your new 3080? Have you solved using it or not? I remember you were convinced the problem is the monitor and not the card. What's your latest experience with this monitor and the new card?

darkcg wrote:
The cable I'm using is the one which comes with the monitor itself.
No, I haven't solved the problem. I don't think users will be able to solve these issues. It's not an end-user problem to be frank and the issue is in the monitor or whatever component is causing it (being it software or hardware).

I use all Asus components except the graphics card (Asuz Z690 Maximus Hero, Asus PG32UQ, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Edition)

I'm baffled by the lack of informations about these issues. No reviewer has ever mentioned it. No official statements from Asus about a possible resolution.
I'm waiting for a new graphics card (RTX 4000 series when it's out).
If the problem persist, I will sell this monitor. Until now, I'm not happy at all with this monitor.

By the way, what's your experience with your new 3080? Have you solved using it or not? I remember you were convinced the problem is the monitor and not the card. What's your latest experience with this monitor and the new card?

I have a EVGA 3080 Ti, came from a EVGA Titan X.

Cards had identical problems. I cannot get into the BIOS on the Asus monitor. I have a TV on a separate port and I can get in that way, no issue. I've used this setup on a few different monitors and the Asus PG32UQ is the only one that has this issue. It has issues syncing during windows startup like yours, but basically doesn't show the BIOS at all, so it's really a Monitor issue even before windows does anything. I have not tried to go in with no OS at all, but I doubt it would do it.

I am using the same MB you are. I didn't originally setup with the Asus monitor. I was using a Monitor in my work area. No problems. Didn't expect to have the issues "we" both see now.

If you keep trying to get in by hitting the delete key for numerous boot tries, it borks up the Motherboard and I have to set to defaults, pull the battery and let it sit overnight.

After working with the MB and Monitor combo for a while, I'd like to dump both in a dumpster. But...

I just don't try to get into the BIOS from this monitor. I connect to the TV sitting next to it, no problemmo.

I feel your pain on this...

Patland
Level 7
darkcg wrote:

Any help?

I had exactly the same problem and the same configuration (Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero, Intel 12900K and MSI Suprim X 3080 10 Go). No way to see the BIOS on boot. Yesyerday, I went to Asus site and see there was a new firmware for PG32UQ. It is the 034 BIOS. I just did the update and now all is fine. I have done several reboots and every time I can see tne BIOS. You can find 034 BIOS here https://www.asus.com/UK/supportonly/PG32UQ/HelpDesk_BIOS/