cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG278Q flicker / Set up G-Sync missing

beetyd
Level 7
Hey Guys,

Been reading through the posts here and I can confirm I have a couple issues.

1 - It said I should have an option to 'Set up G-Sync' in the NV Control panel. However this is not appearing. HOWEVER in the 3D Application settings G-Sync has been automatically enabled as the sync option - plus the Red light on the display comes on while playing (indicating G-Sync is active). I guess this doesnt matter as it clearly working but should I be concerned?

2 - When in loading screens, (I noticed this during almost every loading screen in Thief / Bf4 etc) there is flickering in the back light. I have put this down to the frame rate fluctuating before 30 fps therefore G-Sync comes off and the back on again. - Would you feel this is worth recording / RMA? Or nothing to worry about?

Thanks for your help guys!

Dan
6 REPLIES 6

Netherwind
Level 7
I've got the same problem with flickering loading screens and I also think that it's due to low FPS (15-30). Still, this should be fixed with a driver update.

Ch0b0
Level 7
I'm having the same issue here. If you look carefully it isn't just loading screens. Here is a way to test this:

Open up CS:GO
Press Shift+Tab and open up the web browser.
Go to a bright website (like nytimes.com)
Scroll up and down

You will notice a crap-ton of backlight flickering.

This should NOT be happening. My VG248 with the G-Sync kit does not exhibit this problem.
I'm hoping this isn't some hardware defect.

Deon017
Level 8
I have the same flickering on BF4 between maps or when loading - did the command line: perfoverlay.drawfps 1 in BF4 and its only when the fps goes under 30 when this happens - all documentation states that G-Sync can not run under that 30 frames so I would believe that it is because of fps that we are getting the flickering - in-game it works perfectly. would like to see other responses to this.

Deon017 wrote:
I have the same flickering on BF4 between maps or when loading - did the command line: perfoverlay.drawfps 1 in BF4 and its only when the fps goes under 30 when this happens - all documentation states that G-Sync can not run under that 30 frames so I would believe that it is because of fps that we are getting the flickering - in-game it works perfectly. would like to see other responses to this.

Hmm, I'll make note of what the framerate is when scrolling during the CS GO overlay check.

Considering the G-Sync kitted VG248 can handle low framerate just fine, I don't think this should even be happening unless there is a design flaw.

It doesn't flick in Windows and Bios but only behaving like that in my FFXIV ARR so I guess it's driver-related issue.
(I was afraid I might got a defect monitor that I spent a lot on.)

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn with ROG Swift PG278Q monitor for almost a month now. I noticed a backlit flickering clearly when I'm on loading screen and while I'm on the field it's still noticable. (when my fps drops) After I searched the internet for more info I found that some ppl pointed out that this behavior is related to G-Sync Technology whether it's a bug or not that I have no idea.

So I disabled the G-Sync and then all of those backlit flickering is gone in FFXIV ARR.
Problem solved for me but still I hope that NVIDIA will work on this issue asap cause I love G-Sync and I'd like to use it if possible.

hope this helps

Ps. My V-Sync also disabled I never game with V-Sync on.

Specification
Intel Core i7 5930k at normal clock speed 3.5-3.7GHz
G.skill DDR4-3000MHz 16GB
Asus Swift GTX980 Direct CU II
Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme

Gamin at 2560x1440 144Hz
all graphics option is max out.

izzyreb02
Level 9
Flicker with G-Sync that you either see on Game menu is normal, since the frame rate is getting closer to the refresh rate that is limit of the panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI_gzkZqrrc&list=UU-DHaOYimgUCuQG1yGlRWpw