cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift & G-Sync problems in 2way SLI?

1sthurricane
Level 7
Has anyone that owns this monitor had problems with G-sync and 2way SLI setups?I am currently in a build with x2 980 SC Reference cards in SLI. I am aware there are numerous driver problems and I play a ton of BF4/All Total War Titles/Company of Heroes 2 and wondered what to expect.
17 REPLIES 17

zimzoid
Level 10
Haha kiwi of course, didn't end up playing last night watched American Sniper with the girlfriend.
4930k/Corsair H110i GT: Rampage IV Black ED motherboard: Gskill 4x4GB 2133MHZ 10 11 11 30 1T: CM V1200w Platinum psu: 2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC ACX++: SoundBlaster Zx: Logitech Z906 5.1-channel speaker system: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: 1tb WD Black HD/512GB WD Black HD: Asus Swift 144HZ 3D 2560x1440 Display: QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440 matte PLS display: Corsair Vengence K70 mechanical keyboard: Corsair M45 mouse: Thermaltake Core V71 full tower Case: Windows 10 64bit

1sthurricane
Level 7
Surfed with(well in the same vicinity)a guy called Mark Richards out of Australia back in the 80's.And in the lineup there were some Kiwis....you Kiwis are nuts and sure could party hard back in the day!

Scotchjock
Level 7
Hi all, I'm having some problems with 3d vision on this monitor, some games work better than others but Trine 2 3D has stopped working, it goes into 3D mode when I first start the game then switches itself off as soon as it goes to the main menu screen, I hear sli is having problems with 3D vision so really hoping newer drivers will sort this out, currently on 347.25

1sthurricane
Level 7
Scotch....all of the Nvidia drivers are driving me nuts.Cannot remember which ones but on my older rig(x2 770's in SLI)I was using seriously old drivers to remain stable in games.It is trial and error,I try out new drivers and if they act up ,I roll them back.Good luck finding the ones that work correctly.

1sthurricane wrote:
Scotch....all of the Nvidia drivers are driving me nuts.Cannot remember which ones but on my older rig(x2 770's in SLI)I was using seriously old drivers to remain stable in games.It is trial and error,I try out new drivers and if they act up ,I roll them back.Good luck finding the ones that work correctly.

YEP, very frustrating, they just keep on breaking things with new drivers, having said that, my old benq 2420t was absolutely fine with my old GTX 780's, after upgrading to two 980's and swift monitor these problems have occurred, I can't go back to my old hardware as I had to sell them to fund this upgrade, I'm really hoping it is just down to the new 980 drivers. I'll keep my fingers crossed and wait eagerly for the next round of drivers.
Thanks for your response.

1sthurricane
Level 7
I am now running two SC 980'S in SLI with a Rog Swift monitor and using the newest 347.25 drivers.So far so good..........so far...fingers crossed.

1sthurricane wrote:
I am now running two SC 980'S in SLI with a Rog Swift monitor and using the newest 347.25 drivers.So far so good..........so far...fingers crossed.

Awesome you got the swift..have you tried Dying light? wondering how the swift handles that game with g-sync
4930k/Corsair H110i GT: Rampage IV Black ED motherboard: Gskill 4x4GB 2133MHZ 10 11 11 30 1T: CM V1200w Platinum psu: 2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC ACX++: SoundBlaster Zx: Logitech Z906 5.1-channel speaker system: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: 1tb WD Black HD/512GB WD Black HD: Asus Swift 144HZ 3D 2560x1440 Display: QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440 matte PLS display: Corsair Vengence K70 mechanical keyboard: Corsair M45 mouse: Thermaltake Core V71 full tower Case: Windows 10 64bit

zimzoid wrote:
Awesome you got the swift..have you tried Dying light? wondering how the swift handles that game with g-sync

I have not....this has all been a steep learning curve for me.I am more on the "novice" side and the 5930/x99Deluxe is my 1st Intel based build.Right now having"overclock failed"errors....I am thinking it is a ram prob because I am running everything @stock levels until I get comfortable with all these new goodies.Tonight in BF4...my screen would go out "in game"...black,so I backed her back down to 120 and seems to have done the trick.Alot to learn...but so much fun!