cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift adaptor + poor service - AUS

travvy87
Level 7
Hi All

Wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting ASUS to ship a replacement adaptor before sending the faulty one back?
I know it's the adaptor that's the issue and not the monitor, as when you put a multi-meter to the adaptor it gets 0v, unplug the power lead from the wall and back in a few times (sometimes 10 times) and you'll get voltage and the monitor will power up. However ASUS policy is that I need to ship them the adaptor first. I don't know about you, but I don't like dropping $1000 on a monitor, and then being without it for 2 weeks, over a part that will probably cost $50.

I'd have no issues if it was permanently not working, or if the monitor itself was faulty, I'd send it back first no issues. But I don't see how going from a intermittantly working monitor, to without one whilst I get a new adapator. I'm even happy to provide proof of the 0v on the multi-meter or provide CC details so that If i don't send the adaptor back they can charge me.

It's just frustrating, i've done the exact same thing there warranty agent will do. They'll get it, plug it into a monitor, confirm the monitor doesn't turn on. They'll then put a multimeter onto the adaptor, confirm it has 0v, then ship out a replacement, maybe test it overnight first to make sure. I'm just bypassing that stage, I worked in a computer repair shop for 8 years doing warranty work on other major brands, the procedure really is no different.

All over a $50 part.

end rant.
4 REPLIES 4

Deon017
Level 8
If you did you would know that customer error has allot to do with faults and this why they assure that the faulty one is returned - else people would not return them. - this is done by all and not just Asus -

travvy87
Level 7
I'm aware customer error has alot to do with faults, hence why I'm also saying I'm quite happy to provide proof that the adaptor is faulty. I don't expect them to take my word on the issue, that would just be idiotic, and also happy to provide a deposit down on it. The odds of the monitor itself being faulty is extremely unlikely, I'd have more luck buying a lotto ticket than the monitor being faulty. Cause I don't know about you, but if an adaptor is outputting 0v, i'm pretty sure the monitor won't be turning on.

Deon017
Level 8
I never said that your fault finding capabilities or findings are wrong,just stating the repair or replacement policies of companies

aeliusg
Level 7
travvy87 wrote:
Hi All

Wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting ASUS to ship a replacement adaptor before sending the faulty one back?
I know it's the adaptor that's the issue and not the monitor, as when you put a multi-meter to the adaptor it gets 0v, unplug the power lead from the wall and back in a few times (sometimes 10 times) and you'll get voltage and the monitor will power up. However ASUS policy is that I need to ship them the adaptor first. I don't know about you, but I don't like dropping $1000 on a monitor, and then being without it for 2 weeks, over a part that will probably cost $50.

I'd have no issues if it was permanently not working, or if the monitor itself was faulty, I'd send it back first no issues. But I don't see how going from a intermittantly working monitor, to without one whilst I get a new adapator. I'm even happy to provide proof of the 0v on the multi-meter or provide CC details so that If i don't send the adaptor back they can charge me.

It's just frustrating, i've done the exact same thing there warranty agent will do. They'll get it, plug it into a monitor, confirm the monitor doesn't turn on. They'll then put a multimeter onto the adaptor, confirm it has 0v, then ship out a replacement, maybe test it overnight first to make sure. I'm just bypassing that stage, I worked in a computer repair shop for 8 years doing warranty work on other major brands, the procedure really is no different.

All over a $50 part.

end rant.

Escalate your claim to someone higher-up, it's definitely possible for them to cross-ship something like that, you need to twist some arms is all.