cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog pg279q with rog g751jt (970m) compatibiliy issues

anjoaznar
Level 7
Hello , newbie here. Just got my Asus rog pg279q recently , and the screen is perfect. No dead pixels, etc..
How am i not able to get gsync option with 144hz (currently running on @ 2560x1440@60hz ) Do i also have to connect my laptop to monitor using hdmi,display
port and the usb ? or Do i need only 1 of the three.

thanks have a nice day 😉

-update, got gsync to work and 144hz with display port but flickers why? will a display port adapter solve this?
1 REPLY 1

Crashcourse316
Level 9
anjoaznar wrote:
Hello , newbie here. Just got my Asus rog pg279q recently , and the screen is perfect. No dead pixels, etc..
How am i not able to get gsync option with 144hz (currently running on @ 2560x1440@60hz ) Do i also have to connect my laptop to monitor using hdmi,display
port and the usb ? or Do i need only 1 of the three.

thanks have a nice day 😉

-update, got gsync to work and 144hz with display port but flickers why? will a display port adapter solve this?

You only NEED to connect the Display Port cable. No an adapter won't solve it.
It's the cable most likely running out of bandwidth. Since the monitor is a 1440p (2k) monitor, it's using way more than standard 1080p. Try and track down what type of DP cable it is if you can. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4.....it needs to be a 1.2 or higher cable to get 120/144hz at 1440p. To get the full 165hz you need a 1.3 or 1.4 DP at 1440p. Here's the wiki page for it "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Technical_specifications". There is a chart with red and green on it in the specifications section you'll want to look at to get an idea of what each DP type works with what frame rates. If you can't figure out what cable you have currently just buy a new one that is a DP 1.4 type. It will be the most reliable out of all the versions and should fix your issue.

side note...if you find your cable is a 1.3 or 1.4 already then go through all your settings and verify they are all correct. If they are you might want to buy a new DP anyways and see if it fixes it. You might just have a bad cable. If that doesn't work it may be a video card issue for some reason but I would start at checking your cable. If you want to try a test you could change your resolution down to 1080p at 144hz. If it works fine at 1080p 144hz it means you probably have a DP 1.1, If it doesn't work still try 1080p at 120hz. If it works at 1080p 120hz then you have a DP 1.0......
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.