cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the release of the PG27VQ Quantum Dot Edition

Cornholiooo
Level 7
Hi, since April last year i am eagerly awaiting the release of the PG27VQ Quantum Dot Edition. Some People in other forums quoted the asus support as saying it would release Q1 2018.
Yesterday I started to get impatient and contacted the support myself and they told me that they dont know when or if it will release.
Thats why i hoped for the admins, who did an outstanding job providing information about the PG27UQ, to give some kind of clarification about the release of the PG27VQ Quantum Dot Edition.

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

MarshallR
Level 10
VQ or UQ?

For the UQ, please follow this thread with updates on availability
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99007-Pg27uq/page40

Hi MarshallR, thx for the response.

I was interested in the PG27VQ with Quantum Dot technology, which was revealed by a german PR-manager after the launch of the original PG27VQ. He called it "PG27VQR" and the support i contacted called it "PG27VQ Quantum Dot Edition". Just wanted to know if this is still a product Asus is planing to release this year or if it got cancelled.

Cornholiooo wrote:
Hi MarshallR, thx for the response.

I was interested in the PG27VQ with Quantum Dot technology, which was revealed by a german PR-manager after the launch of the original PG27VQ. He called it "PG27VQR" and the support i contacted called it "PG27VQ Quantum Dot Edition". Just wanted to know if this is still a product Asus is planing to release this year or if it got cancelled.

As Marshal said,*PG27VQ was released in December 2017. I doubt ASUS would come out with another monitor with the same name.
PG27UQ has quantum dot but it's a lot different than the*PG27VQ.

Do you have an article or copy of the chat transcript?*

btrach144 wrote:
As Marshal said,*PG27VQ was released in December 2017. I doubt ASUS would come out with another monitor with the same name.
PG27UQ has quantum dot but it's a lot different than the*PG27VQ.

Do you have an article or copy of the chat transcript?*

Sure, here is the email (unfortunately in german):"

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
vorab bedanken wir uns für Ihre Anfrage.

Der PG27UQ (HDR 10 und QD) erscheint im Q1 2018.

Der PG27VQ QD Edt., im Q2 2018

Zum Coating haben wir noch keine Informationen vorliegen.
Sind Ihrerseits noch Fragen offen, wenden Sie sich gerne wieder an uns!
Weitere technische Unterstützung finden Sie auch unter https://www.asus.com/de/support/
Sie erhalten in den nächsten Tagen per E-Mail einen Link zu unserer Zufriedenheitsumfrage.
Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Sie an der Umfrage teilnehmen und meinen Service bewerten

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards "

Also here is an article "https://www.limscave.com/asus-pg27vq" in the second paragraph "The PG27VQ (which I have), don't have a Quantum Dot panel, whereas the PG27VQR, which isn't released yet, is the TN version with Quantum Dots." In his video he mentioned that a pr-manager told him about the PG27VQR