cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my new ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q - Blurry text and bad quality overall

arnamide
Level 7
Hello guys,

I've been using my Swift monitor for like 1 week now. And my experience of the monitor is very good but, yesterday when i started my computer i saw some strange "color aura" around the text in Windows and all kinds of web browsers. First i thought it was my eyes, but i asked my girlfriend and she saw it aswell. I've been testing on other computers to see if it was my setup that was wrong. But they all have the same problem. And i realized that it only shows when im going at 2560x1440 @ 144hz. If im turning down the Hz to 100hz the effect is not that visable, but it's there. At 60Hz @ 1920x1080p the problem does not exist at all?

What can be my problem here? I've already tested different drivers etc..

I will try to put up an image on my problem but it's hard to get it on camera. It's almost needed to be seen with the eyes.

60hz @ 2560x1440

144hz @ 2560x1440
184 REPLIES 184

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Ethzero,

Sorry to hear your warranty dilemma, that really sucks... It might be worthwhile to get a quote for how much it is to get fixed, it should be much cheaper than getting a replacement of the same calibre.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi Ethzero,

Sorry to hear your warranty dilemma, that really sucks... It might be worthwhile to get a quote for how much it is to get fixed, it should be much cheaper than getting a replacement of the same calibre.

I long since threw out my packaging for the PG278Q so postage would be.. difficult I'd imagine. All I have left is the monitor itself as well as the power, USB and Displayport cables that came with it. And by the sounds of it it would likely be a good $400 or more just to get it repaired anyway, and to top it off I already have a new monitor, so the money I could have used to get the Asus one repaired is already effectively tied up in this new one. I'd have to send this one back, hope that the retailer honors my refund request (which is unlikely unless this one also magically develops a major defect) and THEN get the PG278Q repaired, which still means I have no monitor to even use for how many weeks?

It's all really too much hassle. The way I see it I basically just have a paper weight at this point.

Hi guys,

I'm having in the exact same issue described in this thread.
I disassembled the monitor 3 times, one of the times I had a cable not correctly plug in and I had only half of the monitor working properly, but guess what. It was fine!! I fixed the cable and the problem returns... blurry text on the left side of the screen on higher refresh rates.
My question is: what's the faulty part of the monitor? The panel, the g-sync module? cables? motherboard?
There are already some broken/damaged monitors out there for spares...

Thanks in advance!

Pezhan
Level 7
XG32VC here, 2021, same problem...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has one of these kicking around, fuzzy as hell, fuzzy then fine, pulsing, lines sometimes, warms up and seems okay, fine, fuzzy etc etc. Out of Warranty, Second-Hand, whatever.

Give it a squeeze and a massage, just try and firmly push the whole thing back together. At your own risk - but you don't have much to lose if you're out of warranty - mine now looks mint.

Go around the edges very firmly, softer towards the center obviously, but push it with your thumbs all through the panel.

Since doing this - mine hasn't had any dead pixel, blurry-ness, fuzz or flickering.

Hopefully this helps someone, don't break it - but if you're here it's already nearly worthless.

You can't buy spare panels and do a DIY fix easily or affordably.

I don't have a before and after video but I am happy to film myself mashing it together to show it can take a beating if need.