cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning about buying 2x PG278q ROG Swift monitors.

Enthusiastic
Level 7
Hello guys,

I'm planning about buying 2x PG278q ROG Swift monitors and I have some questions.

My rig is 4930K CPU with 2X SLI 780Ti OC GPUs.

Each one of my GPUs has 1x DP, will it be possible to connect 1x monitor to 1x gpu and the second monitor to the second gpu and the SLI option will be enabled?

second question:

Will the DP on the GPUs I have can and will run at 144hz if I put the display port cable that comes with the monitors? or I have to upgrade to GTX 980 that has 2x DP 1.2 on it?

Thanks for the help.
2 REPLIES 2

Korth
Level 14
I think your multi-monitor will be limited to 60Hz @ 2560x1440 regardless of your GPUs, even if you were to upgrade to a 2-SLI Titan X setup.

It's a DisplayPort bandwidth limitation, if I understand correctly.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I think your multi-monitor will be limited to 60Hz @ 2560x1440 regardless of your GPUs, even if you were to upgrade to a 2-SLI Titan X setup.

It's a DisplayPort bandwidth limitation, if I understand correctly.

As I know the DP 1.2 cable that comes with the monitors CAN go for 144Hz, my question is that if I connect 1 gpu to monitor 1 and the second gpu to the second monitor, will I still have SLI option enabled?