cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG43UQ flickering / issues

austinrsmith
Level 7
I just got my PG43UQ with DSC.
I have an RTX 2080ti hooked up using displayport at factory settings with DSC on and G-Sync on. Using it at Nvidia 4:4:4 10bit at 144 hz

I'm getting a lot of flickering and brightness issues and poor text. No picture loss, but a lot of rapid dimming.
Current settings:
OD Lvl 4
Dynamic Dimming off

If this is just standard with this monitor i'm going to return it while I still can.
3 REPLIES 3

ncook06
Level 7
Fellow PG43UQ and 2080 Ti guy here. The Level 1 Techs guide for the XG438Q also applies to this panel, so do that. This will make text as clear as possible.

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia driver and either the included DisplayPort cable or another 8K-ready DP cable. One thing I ran into was the DisplayPort cable in the PG43UQ's DP 1, if also routed through the cable management clip, is bent so tight that it seems to cause signal loss and flickering on most cables. Watch out for that too.

austinrsmith
Level 7
Thanks for the reply -
Definitely no bent cable and I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers.

I'm not losing any picture ATM, but I'm seeing a lot of brightness rapid flashing changes. Like if I'm on the desktop or gaming, dark areas of the screen rapidly flash or have low clarity. I'm using the included DisplayPort 8k-ready cable.

It is nice to be able to do RGB with 4k HDR 144hz, or 4:4:4 @ 10-bit, which my PG27UQ could not do, but it feels like these issues have made me take a major step backwards in reliability - especially if I'm looking at this to be the 'only' monitor I have for the next 3-5 years.

austinrsmith wrote:
Thanks for the reply -
Definitely no bent cable and I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers.

I'm not losing any picture ATM, but I'm seeing a lot of brightness rapid flashing changes. Like if I'm on the desktop or gaming, dark areas of the screen rapidly flash or have low clarity. I'm using the included DisplayPort 8k-ready cable.

It is nice to be able to do RGB with 4k HDR 144hz, or 4:4:4 @ 10-bit, which my PG27UQ could not do, but it feels like these issues have made me take a major step backwards in reliability - especially if I'm looking at this to be the 'only' monitor I have for the next 3-5 years.
You should try another DP 1.4, go with Cable Matters 1.4 Cable. I've seen where Wendell from Level1Techs was having similar issues and he found out the included cable was part of the issue after he replaced it.
*Lian Li PC-011D (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z63/Corsair QL Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.