cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG42UQ G-SYNC not yet officially supported per nVidia and doesn't work

DrFugue13
Level 7
I was not able to confirm that G-SYNC was working on my PG42UQ. Adaptive Sync is selected (and says G-SYNC) in the OSD, and the info says VRR is supported. I have everything selected in the nVidia control panel (although the set up gsync section states that the PG42UQ "is not validated as G-SYNC compatible"). I'm using DP 1.4 and my video card is an ASUS 3080TI.

My other monitor is certified G-SYNC and was/is working correctly (I do NOT have them both connected at the same time, I re tested it before connecting the new PG42UQ). I have tried the G-SYNC compatible indicator selection in the display menu item in the nVidia control panel as well as using the official nVidia pendulum demo which is to verify G-SYNC. Again, these both show that my old monitor does use G-SYNC but the PG42UQ does not. I opened a ticket with nVidia and they confirmed that only monitors listed on their website are certified and the PG42UQ is not listed, nor is it listed on the ASUS website in their list of G-SYNC monitors.

So...not sure if another firmware from ASUS is needed for this, or some update on the nVidia side with their drivers but this is a bit disappointing...
4 REPLIES 4

phatmonkey
Level 9
It was working on my 48 inch version, BUT... think twice before updating to the new firmware, my monitor is dead, it was updating, then it restarts as mentioned in the instructions but never turned on again, so be aware. Mine is going back in the next few days got another coming...
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

phatmonkey wrote:
It was working on my 48 inch version, BUT... think twice before updating to the new firmware, my monitor is dead, it was updating, then it restarts as mentioned in the instructions but never turned on again, so be aware. Mine is going back in the next few days got another coming...

what did you use to verify it was working? The "G-SYNC Compatible Indicator" or something else?
Thanks!

DrFugue13 wrote:
what did you use to verify it was working? The "G-SYNC Compatible Indicator" or something else?
Thanks!

In the Nvidia Control Panel menu bar / Show indicator for G-SYNC while in game
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

phatmonkey wrote:
In the Nvidia Control Panel menu bar / Show indicator for G-SYNC while in game

yes, that's the "G-SYNC Compatible Indicator" which is in the Display menu item in the nVidia control panel.

thanks again!