cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG35VQ Wrong factory calibration , is there a way to remove?

Leonidas44
Level 7
Hello guys , as the title says i received my PG35VQ with a very bad factory calibration , my monitor has a green pale tint which ruins the picture quality. I calibrated further the display using my xrite colormunky to remove that green tint , get the colors right and get that gamma to actual 2.2.... But while this works great for sdr it introduces banding in hdr.

Is there any way to get rid of this unacceptable factory calibration???

I already tried a factory reset but these settings seems to be somewhat saved within the monitor.
2 REPLIES 2

BigJohnny
Level 13
Change your color profile under game visual with the machine off and just the OSD on the monitor. Im using racing mode.
You can also monkey with the color setting in Nvidia control panel if you are using an Nvidia display. Drop the refresh rate within Nvidia control panel to 144Hz and you open up more color profie choices. That is if you are using an Nvidia card. You cant go past 8 bit at 20MHz. 144 works just fine.

BigJohnny wrote:
Change your color profile under game visual with the machine off and just the OSD on the monitor. Im using racing mode.
You can also monkey with the color setting in Nvidia control panel if you are using an Nvidia display. Drop the refresh rate within Nvidia control panel to 144Hz and you open up more color profie choices. That is if you are using an Nvidia card. You cant go past 8 bit at 20MHz. 144 works just fine.

You are using your settings wrong. Change Output colour format to RGB and Output dynamic range to full.