cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG35VQ General Availability?

Artureld
Level 7
I know the monitor was unveiled during CES 2017, just wondering whether a concrete release date has been mentioned other then Q4 launch.
80 REPLIES 80

Nothing in writing that the PG35VQ will be delayed.

However, the other NVIDIA HDR 4K monitors have both been delayed.

I tried to find anything I could on the AUO website, and even submitted a question asking if there was some sort of delay for the 35 inch panels, but have not heard back yet.

jrrog1975 wrote:
Have you actually seen a report that the PG35VQ has been delayed? I've only found reports of PG27UQ delays.

I recall some article saying that its release date was pushed back from a Q3 to a Q4 one, but I'm not really sure now that I think of it. Here's some info which you've probably already read haha http://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/asus-rog-swift-pg35vq-acer-predator-x35/

jrrog1975 wrote:
Have you actually seen a report that the PG35VQ has been delayed? I've only found reports of PG27UQ delays.

lets hope we get a Dec 2017 release of the PG35VQ just sold my dell 8k for $4900 with all the problems I faced trying to run games at 8k its not worth it at all even on 3 way titan xp even though a few games perform great at the resolution we need better cards with more bandwidth i also feel 4k oled is a better experience than 8k ips because of the colors and contrast are more vibrant and lifelike I would say its not a good idea to invest in 8k unless its on a oled panel.

bubba123 wrote:
lets hope we get a Dec 2017 release of the PG35VQ just sold my dell 8k for $4900 with all the problems I faced trying to run games at 8k its not worth it at all even on 3 way titan xp even though a few games perform great at the resolution we need better cards with more bandwidth i also feel 4k oled is a better experience than 8k ips because of the colors and contrast are more vibrant and lifelike I would say its not a good idea to invest in 8k unless its on a oled panel.

That's pretty amazing to be honest. Anyway, I agree that OLED is the future of monitors and will surely purchase one if the response time is decent enough (less than 5 ms).

AlexTheRepublican wrote:
That's pretty amazing to be honest. Anyway, I agree that OLED is the future of monitors and will surely purchase one if the response time is decent enough (less than 5 ms).

This is the one thing that dell almost had right they released a 8k panel but it has dsc display compression and you still have to use 2 displayport 1.4 cables just to reach the full 8k resolution and dell did release a 4k oled monitor the up3017q then discontinued it because it was not ready for prime time if they just waited and kept the 120hz @ 4k and 0.1 ms response like they promised it would have been one of the best panels out this year if not the best to purchase for gaming.

Volt
Level 9
I'm super happy with my PG348Q. Going from 16:9 to 21:9 has been such a nice improvement for immersive gaming. I got it last November, at a Fry's Thanksgiving day sale. The PG35VQ looks to be a better monitor 35" instead of 34", 200Hz instead of 100Hz, and HDR instead of no HDR. If I had not gotten a 21:9 monitor yet, then getting the PG35VQ would be a no brainier for me. But since I already have a 21:9, will this one be a worthwhile upgrade?

Gaming on the PS4 Pro with HDR enhanced games at 1080p and 4K on my Sony 4K HDR TV is a nice, sometimes subtle, enhancement. Not all PS4 games support HDR. But those that do, are nicer to look at.

Which PC games will support HDR?

Also, with my 1080GTX, I seem to average around 40-100fps, for all my games. Depending on how demanding the graphics are and which game I'm playing. That's a big range of games. If I was going to want to do 200fps gaming, then I'd possibly need to SLI, or wait for the next thing to replace the 1080GTX. The 1180GTX, I guess? ;). Although I could change my resolution to something smaller than 3440x1440, to increase the frame rate. Having the higher frame rates is great in FPS gaming. Especailly when I'm hyper focusing on my target, and you start to experience time dilation with the adrenaline pumping. Then I seem to notice it, and able to react to it, and win. But beyond that, it becomes a theoretical stat that I may or may not notice during gaming. After a certain number, I don't know if I'll see or perceive the difference. Also I don't know what that number is. Other than it's something above 60fps.

Still I would like to know when this monitor is coming out. It would be fun to own.

StandingCow wrote:
This site is suggesting Q2 2018: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/38.htm#auo_roadmap_oct17

What's the best current alternative?

jrrog1975 wrote:
What's the best current alternative?

you can get a korean version 95 hz ips 3440x1440p 21:9 34 inch for $449 right now on ebay new free shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Event-Crossover-3412UM-AHIPS-BOOST-CLOCK-95Hz-3440x1440-34-Gaming-Monitor...

jrrog1975
Level 7
Any more info from Asus regarding when the PG35VQ will be available? Is it really delayed until Q2 next year?