cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG35VQ General Availability?

Artureld
Level 7
I know the monitor was unveiled during CES 2017, just wondering whether a concrete release date has been mentioned other then Q4 launch.
80 REPLIES 80

Artureld
Level 7
For the people that got the Alienware Ultrawide monitor: How is it? Their is scant little information available online in terms of video reviews/etc. Any insight by fellow ROGers will be greatly appreciated.

I have my eyes set on the PG35VQ but if it's going to be a long wait, I at least want to know, so I can figure out my options.

Artureld wrote:
For the people that got the Alienware Ultrawide monitor: How is it? Their is scant little information available online in terms of video reviews/etc. Any insight by fellow ROGers will be greatly appreciated.

I have my eyes set on the PG35VQ but if it's going to be a long wait, I at least want to know, so I can figure out my options.

I was also waiting for the PG35VQ, but due to the delay and no specific date announced, I decided to just get the Alienware instead.

Just received mine yesterday, so I haven't been able to test it much yet. But based on what I see so far, it's quite good and I'm pleased. Backlight bleed is minimal, and only using the settings and ICC profile provided by TFT Central gives pretty good colors and gamma in my case. I did place an order for the X-Rite i1Display Pro since I do need better accuracy for my work though and should be getting it soon.

Once they eventually release the PG35VQ and it proves to be what people are hoping for, I will probably just sell the Alienware. No regrets though, since I paid $950 (not including cashbacks).

enyceedanny wrote:
I was also waiting for the PG35VQ, but due to the delay and no specific date announced, I decided to just get the Alienware instead.

Just received mine yesterday, so I haven't been able to test it much yet. But based on what I see so far, it's quite good and I'm pleased. Backlight bleed is minimal, and only using the settings and ICC profile provided by TFT Central gives pretty good colors and gamma in my case. I did place an order for the X-Rite i1Display Pro since I do need better accuracy for my work though and should be getting it soon.

Once they eventually release the PG35VQ and it proves to be what people are hoping for, I will probably just sell the Alienware. No regrets though, since I paid $950 (not including cashbacks).

As a current owner of the Alienware what are your thoughts now after some time with it? I’ve been debating between this or the PG35VQ.

I recently purchased a ROG Strix XG35VQ Ultrawide Curved 100hz monitor, but just wasnt happy with it. Had some slight ghosting which I wasn’t pleased with in games like CSGO and PUBG. So I was curious if you could notice any ghosting on the Alienware? It could just be me being very critical, but my current 144hz 2k monitor seemed to be much smoother than the ROG Strix I mentioned above.

Would love some feedback on the Alienware considering its lower price point than what the PG35VQ will probably retail at. As well as the current uncertainness of when the PG35VQ will be available. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rick.monteiiro wrote:
As a current owner of the Alienware what are your thoughts now after some time with it? I’ve been debating between this or the PG35VQ.

I recently purchased a ROG Strix XG35VQ Ultrawide Curved 100hz monitor, but just wasnt happy with it. Had some slight ghosting which I wasn’t pleased with in games like CSGO and PUBG. So I was curious if you could notice any ghosting on the Alienware? It could just be me being very critical, but my current 144hz 2k monitor seemed to be much smoother than the ROG Strix I mentioned above.

Would love some feedback on the Alienware considering its lower price point than what the PG35VQ will probably retail at. As well as the current uncertainness of when the PG35VQ will be available. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The XG35VQ is minus gsync which if you have an Nvidia card would be a key piece IMHO. But if you are interested in the Alienware don't forget the PG34Q that is out now. Microcenter has them for $999, it OC's to 100hz and as an owner of one of those now its a great monitor. I'm planning an upgrade to the PG35VQ when it comes out.

Hello Guys, Asus-fans and other forum-members,

I am confused. Since over 3 months I am waiting for the PG35VQ to be released cause I want a decent Monitor for my 1080ti that redeems my two 24" HP monitors.
I also want a monitor that has the 200Hz refresh rate and G-sync.
Now I have heard there was no PG35VQ on the CES 2018 which makes me think they will not release it in the next couple of months.

How long do I need to wait for this monitor to come out? I mean what is that asus gives detailed information about a product that isnt going to be released anytime soon?

Stormwind81 wrote:
Hello Guys, Asus-fans and other forum-members,

I am confused. Since over 3 months I am waiting for the PG35VQ to be released cause I want a decent Monitor for my 1080ti that redeems my two 24" HP monitors.
I also want a monitor that has the 200Hz refresh rate and G-sync.
Now I have heard there was no PG35VQ on the CES 2018 which makes me think they will not release it in the next couple of months.

How long do I need to wait for this monitor to come out? I mean what is that asus gives detailed information about a product that isnt going to be released anytime soon?

They did have the monitor on display for CES 2018. The youtubers didnt really talk about cause its not new tech. Paul talks about it briefly on this video https://youtu.be/kfsxnOQeMeg I have seen other videos as well with the monitor but its like they take a quick look at it and move on to other new tech. The only thing they say about release is that it will be out soon. No specific dates yet

Thanks for the link.
I am a bit calmed now.

Just to be sure, If I want a new monitor ~32-35 inch big, with 144hz or more , with Gsync and best screen quality I still should wait for the PG35VQ ???

You can also look into the Acer Predator X35 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorx35. But same thing. Not much info as per when its going to come out. Asus has a 32inch that is already out. But I think its freesync 144 1440p. https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-Strix-XG32VQ/

Hi folks,

First: Thanks for the reply!
Second: I am sick of waiting and having no clue when and for how much the new asus modell will be released.
As I watched "shroud" on twitch recently I found out about the Benq/ZowieXL2546. It has 240hz and an anti blur technologie called DyAc, 1ms reactiontime and is very cheap aswell.
I am going to get me one as I use my monitor for gaming 80% of the time. Hope Asus will think about that and get an even better model out anytime soon.

wish you the best,
Chris

Stormwind81 wrote:
Hi folks,

First: Thanks for the reply!
Second: I am sick of waiting and having no clue when and for how much the new asus modell will be released.
As I watched "shroud" on twitch recently I found out about the Benq/ZowieXL2546. It has 240hz and an anti blur technologie called DyAc, 1ms reactiontime and is very cheap aswell.
I am going to get me one as I use my monitor for gaming 80% of the time. Hope Asus will think about that and get an even better model out anytime soon.

wish you the best,
Chris

First: *ASUS has had a couple of 24.5” 240hz monitors out for a minute. *One supports gsync the other free sync. *So not sure what you’re talking about there.
Second: *do you have any idea what you’re talking about in regards to the PG35VQ? *I’m going to assume not with your crying. *ASUS, Acer and the rest of the companies out there that release monitors are not making the panel for the 35VQ in house. *If you go and read any articles in regardless to the manufacturing of the 200hz panel you’d see it had nothing what so ever to do with ASUS or Acer. *There were massive delays from the actual panel manufactures. *It’s been very clearly stated that mass manufacturing will begin Q1 2018. *You’ll see this monitor at the very earliest Q2 but most likely Q3/Q4 2018.

Stop crying and telling ASUS to learn from you threatening to buy a BenQ monitor when ASUS already has the panel (just no BS DyAC). *Sorry to be the jerk here and burst your bubble. *But at least now you know how it works, and when you can “hopefully” expect to see this monitor. *The only thing we don’t know is pricing. *But very strong speculation is around the $1,500 mark. *But take that with a gain of salt until we have official word, which is hard to give, given the massive delays and problems with manufacturing. *