cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG35VQ General Availability?

Artureld
Level 7
I know the monitor was unveiled during CES 2017, just wondering whether a concrete release date has been mentioned other then Q4 launch.
80 REPLIES 80

meller wrote:
First: *ASUS has had a couple of 24.5” 240hz monitors out for a minute. *One supports gsync the other free sync. *So not sure what you’re talking about there.
Second: *do you have any idea what you’re talking about in regards to the PG35VQ? *I’m going to assume not with your crying. *ASUS, Acer and the rest of the companies out there that release monitors are not making the panel for the 35VQ in house. *If you go and read any articles in regardless to the manufacturing of the 200hz panel you’d see it had nothing what so ever to do with ASUS or Acer. *There were massive delays from the actual panel manufactures. *It’s been very clearly stated that mass manufacturing will begin Q1 2018. *You’ll see this monitor at the very earliest Q2 but most likely Q3/Q4 2018.

Stop crying and telling ASUS to learn from you threatening to buy a BenQ monitor when ASUS already has the panel (just no BS DyAC). *Sorry to be the jerk here and burst your bubble. *But at least now you know how it works, and when you can “hopefully” expect to see this monitor. *The only thing we don’t know is pricing. *But very strong speculation is around the $1,500 mark. *But take that with a gain of salt until we have official word, which is hard to give, given the massive delays and problems with manufacturing. *

thank you. i wouldnt of been so nice

so tired of the crying posts about this monitor, so entitled...
ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/7z4i8z/pg35vq_not_released_until_xmas_2018/ according to this guy, they are aiming for a Christmas release. 😕

Hollywood_Cnd wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/7z4i8z/pg35vq_not_released_until_xmas_2018/ according to this guy, they are aiming for a Christmas release. 😕

Welp... I guess I will use my pennies for a 2080 and shoot for a new monitor at the beginning of 2019.

I think Xmas 2018 would be fine, but people would like to have an official date they can aim for.
Additionally, the monitor will be expensive, I think about 1500 or so, so saving a little more money might until release not be the worst idea 😉

xoutofmyheadx
Level 7
i've had this for about a week now and me and my son both use it. so far we've played,...... divison, destiny 2, forza 7, dirt 4 and i forget the other dirt, dark souls 3 and assasins creed. i know price went back up to $1150. i really like it. i got tired of waiting for the 35. i think i'm going to end up keeping this for a good while even after the 35 comes out. 120hz is really nice, and 20 better than asus and acers versions. obiously not much of a difference but i have no regrets here. stand is great. solid. hieght adjust which feels great, and turn adjust no tilt. i think this looks nicer than the asus. it's more classy. i'm really glad whoever brought it up in here did so cause i haven't even heard of it. i would definately buy this again and have no problemm recomending this to anybody.

xoutofmyheadx wrote:
i've had this for about a week now and me and my son both use it. so far we've played,...... divison, destiny 2, forza 7, dirt 4 and i forget the other dirt, dark souls 3 and assasins creed. i know price went back up to $1150. i really like it. i got tired of waiting for the 35. i think i'm going to end up keeping this for a good while even after the 35 comes out. 120hz is really nice, and 20 better than asus and acers versions. obiously not much of a difference but i have no regrets here. stand is great. solid. hieght adjust which feels great, and turn adjust no tilt. i think this looks nicer than the asus. it's more classy. i'm really glad whoever brought it up in here did so cause i haven't even heard of it. i would definately buy this again and have no problemm recomending this to anybody.

Thanks for your feedback! I too am considering the Alienware model due to the delay and lack of information on the PQ35. Does the Alienware model have support for HDR?

i'm really hoping that they mention something about it at CES in a few weeks i really want one as my primary monitor. I play eve online and having a single screen doesn't really work well but i want one top of the line screen for the other games i play. And the specs on this seem to take the cake as far as anything above 27" monitors go.

Carnivoris wrote:
i'm really hoping that they mention something about it at CES in a few weeks i really want one as my primary monitor. I play eve online and having a single screen doesn't really work well but i want one top of the line screen for the other games i play. And the specs on this seem to take the cake as far as anything above 27" monitors go.

Yea that would be great if they make some kind of announcement.

Does anyone have a guess at how much the 35" ASUS ROG Swift Curve PG35VQ 3440x1440 might be priced at?

Well I'd like to thank:
Pjay87 wrote:
...I just purchased the Alienware...

For in a roundabout way mentioning Dell's Alienware 34" AW3418DW

With the current Boxing day sale on here in Australia they're selling for AUD$1,679 (AUD$100 extra to Asus PG348Q but has better warrenty than Asus [& thank you crappy exchange rate]), down from the usual AUD$2,099

[AUD$420 'cash off' standard price, OR AUD$459.60 off with the 5Yr Advanced Exchange Service]

I ENDED UP BUYING ONE with the 5Yr Advanced Exchange Service (it comes with a 3yr standard) for an extra AUD$159.20, basically because I see myself holding onto this monitor for 5 or so years hoping that in that time OLED monitors become a thing >32" @ 4K >120Hz (native), HDR10 etc etc.

The boxing day sale is on until midnight 28th December, with free shipping, 3Yr Advanced Exchange Service, 24hr Tech support

Carnivoris wrote:
I’m really hoping that they mention something about it at CES in a few weeks i really want one as my primary monitor. I play eve online and having a single screen doesn't really work well but i want one top of the line screen for the other games i play. And the specs on this seem to take the cake as far as anything above 27" monitors go.

As far as waiting for the Asus PG35VQ and/or the Acer 35" Predator with the same 1440p 200hz VA panels, well as
StandingCow wrote:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/38.htm#auo_roadmap_oct17
said everyone will have to hold off for quite a bit longer.
AU Optronics the manufacturers of said panels won’t begin production until Q2 next year, and that's without any more setbacks let alone when there's enough yield to supply both Asus/Acer.

you can read about it here in the 6th Oct 2017 AU Optronics road map under "Curved Gaming Panels" "...now delayed until Q2 2018 production - displays likely to be Q2 at best"

Hollywood_Cnd wrote:
Does anyone have a guess at how much the 35" ASUS ROG Swift Curve PG35VQ 3440x1440 might be priced at?

From what I've been reading from reviewers and the like they're touting the PG35VQ (& it's Acer twin) to be USD$1,800-$2,000. So that's way out of the ball park for most apart from power users and people with more money than sense.

For the same price I'd be looking at a large 4K monitor possibly keep an eye out for CES news on LG’s latest QHD gaming monitor (model 34GK950G), which has 'Nano IPS' technology, G-Sync, 5K resolution (5120 x 2160), HDR600 and it's price.

LG's public reveal of sorts: http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2017/12/ne...d-versatility/