cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG35VQ General Availability?

Artureld
Level 7
I know the monitor was unveiled during CES 2017, just wondering whether a concrete release date has been mentioned other then Q4 launch.
487 Views
80 REPLIES 80

jrrog1975 wrote:
Any more info from Asus regarding when the PG35VQ will be available? Is it really delayed until Q2 next year?


Really Asus??? No response. Is the PG35VQ coming this year or not???

Since there is so much uncertainty with the PG35VQ and I am sure there are others checking these posts as antsy as me - anyone considering the Samsung CHG90? Yes I too have concerns with the silly freesync (No Nvidia G-sync) and the low vertical resolution of 1080 but otherwise it looks to be an awesome alternative with quantum dot, HDR, 144hz refresh. Curious if others have thoughts or are considering. I would expect the price tag of the PG35VQ to be similar to the CHG90.

Bump

It's been known since 6th of october that these panels are delayed until Q2 2018. But no offical confirmation from ASUS?


http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/38.htm#auo_roadmap_oct17

Curved Gaming Panels

Highlights

35" VA with 3440 x 1440, 200Hz and full HDR support now delayed until Q2 2018 production - displays likely to be Q2 at best

This is the panel which will be featured in a couple of already announced monitors including the Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ and Acer Predator X35. Those were originally expected to be released in Q4 2017 but we have been informed that they are now delayed until at least Q2 2018. That ties in with the fact that the AUO panel production is not now scheduled until Q2 as well.

rtharris98 wrote:
Since there is so much uncertainty with the PG35VQ and I am sure there are others checking these posts as antsy as me - anyone considering the Samsung CHG90? Yes I too have concerns with the silly freesync (No Nvidia G-sync) and the low vertical resolution of 1080 but otherwise it looks to be an awesome alternative with quantum dot, HDR, 144hz refresh. Curious if others have thoughts or are considering. I would expect the price tag of the PG35VQ to be similar to the CHG90.


I've been dying for release information too. I sold my pg348q a couple months after the pg35vq announcement, and the chg90 was very tempting, but the lack of g-sync is massive, as the problem with freesync is that you need a powerful amd GPU to maintain FPS within the freesync region, and amd GPUs aren't cut out for the job with everything maxed out, maybe next gen amd GPUs will be.
But yeah, the new 35inch alienware 21:9 monitor is also tempting, uses a native 100hz 3440x1440 ips and can overclock to 120hz... But I know if I buy it the damn release date for the pg35vq will be announced the next day knowing my luck.

We just need a firm release date to avoid being tempted, I really hope it hasn't been delayed until q1-q2 2018 like the 27inch 4k HDR 144hz Asus and Acer monitors. Otherwise that alienware may have to be purchased... But no HDR and no 200hz... Why Asus, whyyyyy?!? Transparency please?

According to tft central, the au optronics panel this monitor uses won't enter production until q2 2018, so, we probably won't see this monitor until close to the end of 2018. Almost a year away. Ah well.

Pjay87 wrote:
According to tft central, the au optronics panel this monitor uses won't enter production until q2 2018, so, we probably won't see this monitor until close to the end of 2018. Almost a year away. Ah well.


Asus, can you please provide some kind of information about the release date of the pg35vq?

How ypu like this display compared to the pg348q? Im about to buy the asus this week but now i wanna check this 1 out.

Pjay87 wrote:
I've been dying for release information too. I sold my pg348q a couple months after the pg35vq announcement, and the chg90 was very tempting, but the lack of g-sync is massive, as the problem with freesync is that you need a powerful amd GPU to maintain FPS within the freesync region, and amd GPUs aren't cut out for the job with everything maxed out, maybe next gen amd GPUs will be.
But yeah, the new 35inch alienware 21:9 monitor is also tempting, uses a native 100hz 3440x1440 ips and can overclock to 120hz... But I know if I buy it the damn release date for the pg35vq will be announced the next day knowing my luck.

We just need a firm release date to avoid being tempted, I really hope it hasn't been delayed until q1-q2 2018 like the 27inch 4k HDR 144hz Asus and Acer monitors. Otherwise that alienware may have to be purchased... But no HDR and no 200hz... Why Asus, whyyyyy?!? Transparency please?

I ended up buying the Acer Predator X34 100Hz. They had a great offer at my local store. Very happy with it so far.

xoutofmyheadx
Level 7
well **** i read that completely wrong. i read it on my phone. i thought it said that he had already bought it and had been useing it. microcenter by me has asus pg348q on sale right now for 980 but it's out of stock. so i may go for that alienware and get that extra 20hz. i haven't really seen a good review on it tho.