cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG35V no longer wakes up unless unplugged 5 or 6 times.

C4_hFlo
Level 7

Whenever my PC shuts down I have a smart plug that cuts power to the monitor because the fan was too loud and runs all the time. For the past few weeks, my monitor does not wake up when I power the PC. The light comes on white and then goes out.

Initially I just had to unplug it once and plug it back in and it was fine. Now it's up to 5 or 6 times. The fans don't even start until the third time I plug it back in. The ROG splash screen on the 4th or 5th. Then it boots and the light goes from white to green and the monitor works just like normal, no problems at all. I unplug and plug back in at the base of the monitor, not at the power brick.

I tried everything like enabling or disabling deep sleep (never used it actually, tried it on and off). This only happens when the monitor has been off for a while, like a few hours, not a few minutes. I tried sleeping the PC etc... but nothing helps.

So it's fried or dying. I am of course out of warranty having bought it in 2019 (August 2019 fabrication date).

Has anyone faced this and have you found any way to help wake the monitor faster?

0 REPLIES 0