cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG348Q Slightly dimmed bottom corners.

anesthesiologis
Level 7
Hey all!

I just recently purchased a PG348Q and overall, it's a mixed bag. It's obviously a beautiful piece of equipment; however, we all know IPS isn't without it's shortfalls. It's seems as if it's a matter of which defect we're willing to accept, especially if some of us are more OCD or meticulous than others.

I began my venture with my first PG348Q that had a single, stuck pixel. It drove me nuts, so I exchanged it for another. With this new one, it seems that the part of the stand near the back doesn't feel 100% locked like my Ben-Q did. I'm guessing it's because the two blocks that interconnect don't really lock to each other. It's just the top and bottom metal connectors that bring the monitor's back to its stand. This is neither here no there, nevertheless, the most significant issue that I'm worried about is what's on the title; it appears that, only slightly, the two bottom corners seem a little dim. Maybe I'm over reacting, maybe I'm crazy, or maybe I'm one of the many people who've found yet another weird defect with these absolutely expensive monitors. You be the judge! I have attached two photos of the monitor with a single color background. You may not be able to see it as I am able to, due to the camera, but the best way I can explain it is that depending on how you look at the screen, you'll see these really faint corners. It's as if the light fades a bit. Compared to the top, the top corners are uniform with the rest of the screen. Shame on me for not remembering if the previous pane had the same issue. If it did, then I would have been able to rule this entire thing out.

Maybe many of you see the same thing? I would really hate to exchange a third monitor and risk a dead pixel or something, but I'm really not sure. I would definitely like some advice from the ROG community.6652466525

Thanks guys!
2 REPLIES 2

AlexTheRepublic
Level 9
First of all, why didn't you wait for the new 200 Hz 21:9 monitor that should be released in december? Lol jk, I know how you feel. You should honestly stick with the one you have in my opinion. It's not a critical issue, is it? I mean in daily use, gaming, etc.

KPRage
Level 10
Well, I frankly could not notice that much difference. If you feel it to be distracting or annoying, I would suggest you to try and calibrate the display to see if it goes away. If not, I would still suggest you to stick with it. 🙂 Welcome to ROG!!

Also, have another mac or some other pre-calibrated display that can help you see the difference much better.

Cheers,
KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂