cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG348Q 34 inch curved g sync release date?

jadedzero
Level 7
Hi folks!

Last I heard was that this monitor would be releasing in December 2015. I was curious if anyone knew more information.

Thanks!
🙂
148 REPLIES 148

I got a different response from my inquiry to Amazon on when the item might be available.

"I have checked and found that this item is "recalled by manufacture". I am sorry but it is not possible for me to inform you that when exactly this item would be shipped as we have not received this item from the manufacturer. I can assure you that once this item would be available, I will immediately send you the confirmation email along with the estimated delivery date."

So clearly we're not all getting the same information. I didn't get my order in quite as early as some of you, which might explain the different response, but I did get it in before they removed the item from their website.

-Scott

jadedzero
Level 7
Just spoke to a CSR at Amazon, they are now revising the in-stock date to May 12 - May 25th. I really think they are just guessing at this point.

jadedzero wrote:
Just spoke to a CSR at Amazon, they are now revising the in-stock date to May 12 - May 25th. I really think they are just guessing at this point.

Thanks for the updated information. It's a bit ridiculous that it's taking so long for these monitors to come out, especially since some people are receiving them; They're just being released in small batches or something. I see them popping up other sites occasionally, but they never stay there long. I'd prefer to keep my order at Amazon, but they're sure taking their time releasing them. I may contact them as well and see if I get a similar response.

-Scott

jadedzero
Level 7
I broke down and got an Acer X34 today from my local MicroCenter. It was on sale and they had a March 2016 build date in stock.

I took a chance and it's perfect. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed except for normal IPS glow and it overclocks to 100hz like no problem.

No Coil Whine or scan lines etc. I will repost if any issues creep up, but for now, I am very happy. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the PG348Q.

jadedzero wrote:
I broke down and got an Acer X34 today from my local MicroCenter. It was on sale and they had a March 2016 build date in stock.

I took a chance and it's perfect. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed except for normal IPS glow and it overclocks to 100hz like no problem.

No Coil Whine or scan lines etc. I will repost if any issues creep up, but for now, I am very happy. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the PG348Q.

I'm glad you went for the X34 instead of waiting for this paper launch. Hoping many more people follow suit.

Sizzle wrote:
I'm glad you went for the X34 instead of waiting for this paper launch. Hoping many more people follow suit.

I did own it for 13 days, but then I returned it. Everything was great except for the Anti-Glare coating. The coating had a defect in the middle of the monitor that made it look like there was a scratch. The coating was either mis-applied or wasn't allowed to dry completely before they moved it. I ended up returning it for my money back. I was pretty annoyed. All the technical parts that I worried about were great, and it was just one small physical issue that ruined the whole thing. How hard is it to apply the coating correctly????

I am of the mind that when spending $1300, you should be getting a perfect product that performs as advertised.

Sizzle
Level 7
Long gone are the days of customer care, its all about profits and more profits, and if a panel can be made cheaper to get even more profits the Asus ROG brand will certainly persue this avenue. BLB should not be happening, if people accept it, the same manufacturing process will be used next time so nothing will change. In your example, thats just poor QC and should not happen, but as I say they probably saved a few $ from the manufacturing process and in turn will make them more profit. You voted with your wallet and got the X34, I did the same.

Sizzle wrote:
Long gone are the days of customer care, its all about profits and more profits, and if a panel can be made cheaper to get even more profits the Asus ROG brand will certainly persue this avenue. BLB should not be happening, if people accept it, the same manufacturing process will be used next time so nothing will change. In your example, thats just poor QC and should not happen, but as I say they probably saved a few $ from the manufacturing process and in turn will make them more profit. You voted with your wallet and got the X34, I did the same.

*Edit: had to fix some typos*

I did vote for my wallet for the x34, however, it failed as I explained so I had to return it. I haven't taken the chance on the PG348q mostly because I haven't had the opportunity to do so. I had my pre-order in Amazon and was told several different dates that it would be back in stock only to be disappointed and that's why I took a chance on the x34. It was in stock at a nearby retail store. If the coating had been fine, it would have been a perfect monitor, but close only counts in horse-shores and hand grenades.

Keep in mind this: The PG348Q and the X34 are the exact same monitor, they are just distributed by two different companies. If you buy one or the other, you should NOT settle for any defects. You should also NOT send a brand new item to be "serviced" it should be returned in full for your money back.

At this point I am back to using my 28-inch ASUS PB287Q(2160p) monitor which has worked great for over a year now. I got it for $450 and it has performed wonderfully. I may just invest the monitor money into a new Pascal card if it's performance can beat out my Titan X.

Returned my PG348Q last night.

http://i.imgur.com/43vlBDB.jpg

The bottom left was yellow on white web pages. The other three corners were fine and the little bit of glow on the top was not noticeable at all.

I'm at a loss now ... do I try again on a PG348Q or just say screw it and stick with 60hz monitors until a company with some pride in its flagship products makes a higher refresh alternative? Microcenter took it back, but these things are a pain to unpack/setup just to go through the disappointment. 😞

I have to agree with the sentiment that you should NOT be servicing a brand new item. Especially a top of the line one. Imagine if you bought a premium brand car and it needed a new motor on the first day.