cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UQ problems with new firmware v034! BE WARE!

Kobol
Level 8
Just updated to v034 and issues with slow wake time was resolved but there are new problems.

Sometime (totally random) when monitor comes out of sleep the monitor start to flicker with some some flickering blue lines on it (its like that there is problem with the cable/video signal but there is no such problem). If I restart monitor everything is fixed. There was no problem of this kind with the previous firmware. It doesnt appear every time it wakes. Thinks that the problem occur when the monitor stays asleep for longer but I am not totally sure about that. For sure there is a problem in the new firmware.

Please resolve this frustrating issue!
16 REPLIES 16

Just wanted to chime in and say that my PG32UQ was bricked by this v034 f/w update.
It's been in repair for ~3 weeks now which likely means that something serious has happened.
Anyone thinking about installing it should be aware.

dgrdsv wrote:
Just wanted to chime in and say that my PG32UQ was bricked by this v034 f/w update.
It's been in repair for ~3 weeks now which likely means that something serious has happened.
Anyone thinking about installing it should be aware.

Same here bro... Just updated my to v034 to get the power options and it's dead now.
I literally enjoyed the monitor for like 30 mins before just putting it back to the box and starting RMA.

Wish I had noticed your post before 😞

Asus, please, at least provide some warning notes for your firmware releases or pull it down as the testing was clearly done poorly here...

Yautja_Hunter
Level 7

I am facing the same issue. My Asus PG32UQ was on firmware v035 out of the box. I am using Asus DP cable that was bundled with the monitor, connected to DP on MSI RTX 3080Ti. Any news on what could the problem? Is it really the cable?

What do you mean? I am initially connected through DisplayPort, and the input setting is of course the DisplayPort.

Nate152

Thank you for confirming.

I know we like to keep things updated but , as a test, you could give 024 a try. If no better, you can always go back to 034.

It's possible it's the cable, I wouldn't usually suspect it though as ASUS ROG devices are high quality.

Barmak
Level 7

I bought my PG32UQ monitor two days ago and its firmware version out of the box is v026. So based on what you guys say , I should not update the firmware , right ? So confusing so many negative comments on Amazon and BestBuy. To be honest I’m scared 😮💨