cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UQ HDR Modes

MikeBurrows92
Level 7
Hi, what’s the difference between Gaming HDR, Cinema HDR or Console Mode? I’m using my monitor purely for Xbox Series X so just used console mode but would like to know what the differences are please, from the naked eye I can’t see any difference between all 3
6 REPLIES 6

Ecmslee
Level 9
Looking at reviews and judging by HDR test patterns there is no difference between the HDR modes. Intuitively you would think the three modes control HDR tone mapping, but that does not seem to be the case with this monitor.

Ecmslee wrote:
Looking at reviews and judging by HDR test patterns there is no difference between the HDR modes. Intuitively you would think the three modes control HDR tone mapping, but that does not seem to be the case with this monitor.

Where did you see test patterns for this monitor.

My HDR is basically unusable. I would like to see somebody else's like some test patterns or something.

Get HDR video test pattern files and play them on your computer. Or download the DisplayHDR Test app.

Ecmslee wrote:
Get HDR video test pattern files and play them on your computer. Or download the DisplayHDR Test app.

I didn't make myself clear. I'd like to see someone's PG32UQ display HDR. Mine absolutely sux, it is in my opinion ABSOLUTELY unusable. The whole screen has a blooming overblown glow. I guess I should post in the Asus forums and see if that is everybody's experience or if mine is defective.

Zion_One-Eyed
Level 8
I also have HDR blooming problem on my PG329Q which makes it unusable.
especially on GTA, after finishing a mission this problem starts..
or Vanguard in das haus,after 3 games, it starts..
anyway I use gaming HDR

Jmjk3
Level 7

I've tried asking Asus what the point of console mode was. If it helped with response time etc or simply just visual. They don't seem to have an answer. I have an Asus TuF VG28UQL1A and use it for my ps5. Just wanted to get the best response time and settings while playing and they really weren't much help