cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UCDM keeps reverting to racing mode when enabling hdr in windows 11

nytman7
Level 8

I recently purchased the ROG Swift pg32ucdm and i tried to change the default game visual which seems to be Racing Mode. I can only change it when hdr is turned off, but as soon as i turn it back on, it goes back to Racing Mode. Is this the way this monitor is intended to work?

6 REPLIES 6

Silverhaze_NL
Level 9

Same for me, but my problem is i can't stand the yellow tint on HDR. On SDR the screen looks amazing the the colours, but HDR is so ****** yellow i realy don't like it and can't change it anywhere.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Is the selection reverting when returning to SDR?

The mode should perhaps be more clear in locking you out whilst in HDR as it would interfere with the tone mapping accuracy. If it’s reverting to Racing Mode every time you enable SDR, I could understand why that could be irritating.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Captain-Chats
Level 7

I found this out over the weekend. I'm actually shocked and very annoyed that you cant adjust the colour temperature while in HDR. Id like to know why your locked out. Isn't up to the user on how they would like to see how the picture is being displayed. Imagine going to a restaurant and your ordered a steak and they only let you have it rare.. wtf! cmon .... Tv's let you change to your liking. Id like to think this is sorted in an update and that some one from ASUS will address this issue and talk to us. In the mean time I'm sending my monitor back, if they sort this out I will rebuy it but at the moment I'm not playing my games with a yellow / orange tinge to it regardless if its the standard or not!

@Captain-Chats Are you talking about Game Visual as per the thread, or colour temperature? The two are different functions.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I'm referring more so to colour temp but as a whole the fact settings are locked including game visual 

Kundica
Level 9

I thought I posted in this thread last week, but noticed it showed up as its own post.

Anyway, that's normal. There is only one GameVisual mode for all 4 HDR modes and it's Racing since Racing is the standard default mode for the monitor. The actual GameVisual mode is irrelevant in HDR, all that matters is the HDR Setting, of which there are 4 profiles. Think of HDR Setting as GameVisual Settings, but for HDR.

It's not abnormal for color temp controls to be locked out in HDR since HDR is an absolute standard. Personally, it'd be nice to have RGB control in HDR since white point on my panel measures around 6200k instead of 6500, but I understand why they did it.