cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

graffin206
Level 7
Weird! It turned on again, not sure what changed, hopefully it doesn't happen again!

pat182
Level 7
hey anyone recently finding the monitor is less bright ? it feels SDR in HDR , reinstalled drivers and all but nothing, did DISPLAYHDR TEST on windows store and its cleary less bright than before, any clue ?

There are currently no HDR1000 monitors with FreeSync so it would be nice to see a FreeSync version of this monitor in the future.*

NVIDIA finally supports FreeSync.
Since I tend to use my monitor way longer than my GPUs it would be great to have the option to pair my monitor with any upcoming GPU I want.

Hi,

i want to buy that monitor but can somebody tell me if the monitor is capable of playing UHD HDR movies from PC or from an UHD blu ray player. Thanks for the help.

chrtp91 wrote:
Hi,

i want to buy that monitor but can somebody tell me if the monitor is capable of playing UHD HDR movies from PC or from an UHD blu ray player. Thanks for the help.

Yes it supports HDCP 2.2 so you will be able to play HDR movies from PC and Blu-Ray player. I am using this for my PC.

Just keep the following in mind:

1) HDR is becoming more and more obsolete and gradually replaced by Dolby Vision which this monitor doesn't support

2) To play 4K Blu-Ray on your PC it needs to support Intel SGX which means you'll need a supported CPU, Motherboard and Blu-Ray drive that supports AACS 2.0 you can't use an NVIDIA nor AMD GPU.
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

briansu wrote:
Yes it supports HDCP 2.2 so you will be able to play HDR movies from PC and Blu-Ray player. I am using this for my PC.

Just keep the following in mind:

1) HDR is becoming more and more obsolete and gradually replaced by Dolby Vision which this monitor doesn't support

2) To play 4K Blu-Ray on your PC it needs to support Intel SGX which means you'll need a supported CPU, Motherboard and Blu-Ray drive that supports AACS 2.0 you can't use an NVIDIA nor AMD GPU.

Thanks for the information. I know the struggle with aac 2.0 and that´s currently not possible to use it on pc. As far as i know the blu ray with dolby vision also got the HDR10 information wich the monitor supports.

chrtp91 wrote:
Thanks for the information. I know the struggle with aac 2.0 and that´s currently not possible to use it on pc. As far as i know the blu ray with dolby vision also got the HDR10 information wich the monitor supports.

Yes it is possible. It’s the only proper way to watch 4K UHD Blu-Ray discs on PCs.*
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

briansu wrote:
Yes it is possible. It’s the only proper way to watch 4K UHD Blu-Ray discs on PCs.*

Which media player are you guys using to watch 4k hdr movies? I'm trying powerdvd18 but somehow*the specular highlights seem not as bright and the picture is not as sharp as my oled. My reference white (nits) is set at 80 in the osd. Talking about that reference white option, it's hard to set it right. Tftcentral and pcmonitors say leave it at 52 for displayport but I feel even at the default 80 hdr movies seem dim like mentioned above. For ps4 pro connected via hdmi I have no idea which reference white setting is correct as the default 80 is dim as well, even dimmer than my oled which is sth I did not expect

deadchip12 wrote:
Which media player are you guys using to watch 4k hdr movies? I'm trying powerdvd18 but somehow*the specular highlights seem not as bright and the picture is not as sharp as my oled. My reference white (nits) is set at 80 in the osd. Talking about that reference white option, it's hard to set it right. Tftcentral and pcmonitors say leave it at 52 for displayport but I feel even at the default 80 hdr movies seem dim like mentioned above. For ps4 pro connected via hdmi I have no idea which reference white setting is correct as the default 80 is dim as well, even dimmer than my oled which is sth I did not expect

Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 and I have no issues.

briansu wrote:
Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 and I have no issues.

what is your reference white nits setting?