cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

Hi all,

I know this has been asked and discussed over and over again countless times, but does anyone know for sure whether this panel is 8 bit+FRC or true 10 bit? Everyone's saying something different.

Thank you.
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

briansu wrote:
Hi all,

I know this has been asked and discussed over and over again countless times, but does anyone know for sure whether this panel is 8 bit+FRC or true 10 bit? Everyone's saying something different.

Thank you.

8 bit + frc according to tft central review. And i think they cannot go down to 8 bit if it was true 10 bit
Edit: according to asus website, it is not true 10bit, there is dithering, so it is 8bit + frc for sure, confirmed.
*https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/specifications/

ELIESEH wrote:
8 bit + frc according to tft central review. And i think they cannot go down to 8 bit if it was true 10 bit
Edit: according to asus website, it is not true 10bit, there is dithering, so it is 8bit + frc for sure, confirmed.
*https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/specifications/

That definitely confirms it as Asus would have no reason to 'under rate' their product on the specs page to something lower. Thank you.
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

Theknystar wrote:
2500 Euro* (~2900$)

Well. i cant buy it from another place since there are only 2 store who even selling it in my country and im 90% sure they have the same source... also the 2nd store trying to sell it for 3200 euro 😄 sooooooooooo yea....
(you mentioned that you dont buy it because you cant even send it back for refund if something like this would happen to you... understandable)

I will give another chance for it if i get a replacement! i dont think they gonna send an already open or used one to angry and disappointed customers. They have a good margin on this and they benefit more if i getting a working one and leave my money there.
the website "stock" number didnt even changed since i bought it.... its not a "hot potato"... nobody buying this in my country 😄 the price is so much above the 2000$ release advertisement that its a bad scam joke 😄

Obviously if the 2nd one have a bad quality i will get my money back.

Once you played on this monitor your gaming experience with others just dosent feel good. I still have the same opinion about the monitor capabilitys that they are fantastic! Its really a shame that this much QC problem comes with it. Especially since it got delayed like a year.

Are you kidding me ???? 3000$
I have now the XB271HU, is this monitor worth the price? Night and day difference? In addition what about the overshoot (inverse ghosting on normal OD, do you see it when moving the mouse or in game? I always think to buy it. What about the image quality between 444 and 422? Or 10 bit vs 8 bit? I always play on average 120-130 fps on my 1080ti , I don’t want to go back to 98 hz to getting full image quality ☹️
Also what about the halo effect.
I can pay 2000-2500$ but i need a perfect monitor * i hope it was more future proof for the coming DP (above 1.4) for future GPU so we can get at the same time highest image quality with high refresh rate. At least 444 10bit 120hz 4k. This monitor cannot do it now or in the future because it is limited by DP 1.4

This is my xb271hu at 65% brightness, i have 0 blb and minimum glow, I think it is good now, i need HDR but i will wait for coming generations

ELIESEH wrote:

Are you kidding me ???? 3000$
I have now the XB271HU, is this monitor worth the price? Night and day difference? In addition what about the overshoot (inverse ghosting on normal OD, do you see it when moving the mouse or in game? I always think to buy it. What about the image quality between 444 and 422? Or 10 bit vs 8 bit? I always play on average 120-130 fps on my 1080ti , I don’t want to go back to 98 hz to getting full image quality ☹️
Also what about the halo effect.
I can pay 2000-2500$ but i need a perfect monitor * i hope it was more future proof for the coming DP (above 1.4) for future GPU so we can get at the same time highest image quality with high refresh rate. At least 444 10bit 120hz 4k. This monitor cannot do it now or in the future because it is limited by DP 1.4

This is my xb271hu at 65% brightness, i have 0 blb and minimum glow, I think it is good now, i need HDR but i will wait for coming generations

My experience is somewhat different. I can only compare it to my monitor PG27AQ which is also a 10 bit panel but man... its looks bad side by side with the PG27UQ. Most likely because of quantumdot. Also with variable backlight you have ZERO backlight bleed and absolute mind blowing blacks compared to other IPS. BUT you will have halo. i cant say that you will be happy with it if you play a lot of horror games. you might be having some annoyance with it then. If you put it on fast variable you will have a inverse ghosting and less halo which is even less noticable so thats really good imo. I wasnt able to notice it in my games AT ALL... with that said... movie contents and web contents with it will bring out sometimes the halo but the it wont be worst than the backlight bleed what the monitor would have without variable backlight. btw you can always just turn off the variable backlight and the monitor will be a normal IPS with the usual "gray" black levels.

Imo 444 10 bit is having black rush as well so firmware update will be needed for that. In games i cant see the difference between 10 bit and 8 bit to be honest. when i turned on PS then sure.. i have seen the difference. With that said... i used it in 442 and its still much better in colors than my pg27aq 😄

I upgraded from 60Hz to 120Hz and i bet you remember that feeling. also HDR content feels 100% the same as jumping from 60hz to 144hz. So i basically experienced double amount of "wow factor" so my evaluation might be little overrated/exaggerated. Also the Gsync is working in this monitor not like my pg27aq... which have an absolute garbage gsync module

Side note i skipped the whole 1440p monitors completely so i dont know how much better experience a 4K would give you.

since i seen your comments before I really really recommend you not blindly buy it and to check it and try it out in some store so you can see if it meet your expectations because videos cant give you back the real experience and everybody have different monitors which will be replaced by this so the experience is different for everybody as well. Final conclusion, this is not a perfect monitor but its damn mind blowing compared what we have on the market now.

if there wouldnt be this big QC problems i would be a really happy customer 😄

Theknystar wrote:
My experience is somewhat different. I can only compare it to my monitor PG27AQ which is also a 10 bit panel but man... its looks bad side by side with the PG27UQ. Most likely because of quantumdot. Also with variable backlight you have ZERO backlight bleed and absolute mind blowing blacks compared to other IPS. BUT you will have halo. i cant say that you will be happy with it if you play a lot of horror games. you might be having some annoyance with it then. If you put it on fast variable you will have a inverse ghosting and less halo which is even less noticable so thats really good imo. I wasnt able to notice it in my games AT ALL... with that said... movie contents and web contents with it will bring out sometimes the halo but the it wont be worst than the backlight bleed what the monitor would have without variable backlight. btw you can always just turn off the variable backlight and the monitor will be a normal IPS with the usual "gray" black levels.

Imo 444 10 bit is having black rush as well so firmware update will be needed for that. In games i cant see the difference between 10 bit and 8 bit to be honest. when i turned on PS then sure.. i have seen the difference. With that said... i used it in 442 and its still much better in colors than my pg27aq 😄

I upgraded from 60Hz to 120Hz and i bet you remember that feeling. also HDR content feels 100% the same as jumping from 60hz to 144hz. So i basically experienced double amount of "wow factor" so my evaluation might be little overrated/exaggerated. Also the Gsync is working in this monitor not like my pg27aq... which have an absolute garbage gsync module

Side note i skipped the whole 1440p monitors completely so i dont know how much better experience a 4K would give you.

since i seen your comments before I really really recommend you not blindly buy it and to check it and try it out in some store so you can see if it meet your expectations because videos cant give you back the real experience and everybody have different monitors which will be replaced by this so the experience is different for everybody as well. Final conclusion, this is not a perfect monitor but its damn mind blowing compared what we have on the market now.

if there wouldnt be this big QC problems i would be a really happy customer 😄

Thank u so much for your details reply.
Hope you will get a perfect replacement monitor.
I will think about it*

deadchip12
Level 7
I just came across this research paper: https://www.osapublishing.org/DirectPDFAccess/8F2CC923-CAB1-8B6A-3AF26D11DD647900_390602/oe-26-13-16...

Basically, the result says the number of dimming zones required for unnoticeable halo effects depends greatly on the native contrast ratio of the panel. The exact words: "If a LCD with CR≈1000:1, then even 10,000 local dimming zones is still inadequate. For a LCD with CR≈2000:1, (e.g., fringing-field switching (FFS) LCD), the required local dimming zones is reduced to 3000. If a LCD with CR = 5000 (e.g. MVA), then an unnoticeable halo effect can be achieved at ~200 local dimming zones)"

So based on this research, seems like the IPS panel really kills this monitor's 384 dimming zones potential. The upcoming 512-zone VA will be better though, but with CR~2000-3000 it will still only be on the same level as <100-zone VA TVs with CR~6000.

Erstmal auf deutsch
Ich meinen Monitor seit Samstag, bin auch zufrieden damit. Ja Lüfter hört man, wenn nichts anderes läuft. Aber ich hatte Glück, keine Pixel Fehler und oder Dreck im Panel.
Ich habe aber eine Frage. Wie bekomme ich das beste Bild?
In den nVidia Einstellungen unter Auflösung ändern
nVidia Farbeinstellung verwenden
Desktop Farbtiefe 32 bit,
Ausgabe Farbtiege 10 bpc
aber nun zum Problem was stelle ich bei
Ausgabe Farbformat ein
RGB
YCbCr 422
YCbCR 444

I've been using my monitor since Saturday. I'm happy with it, too. Yes, you can hear fans if nothing else is running. But I was lucky, no pixel errors and or dirt in the panel.
But I have a question. How do I get the best picture?
In the nVidia settings under Change resolution
nVidia Use color setting
Desktop color depth 32 bit,
Output color crucible 10 bpc
but now to the problem what do I put in
Output color format on
RGB
YCbCr 422
YCbCR 444

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

briansu
Level 7
By the way, TFT Central has finally done a proper review of this beast: https://bit.ly/2OidmoV

iujona
Level 7
Cant seem to get 4k on my XBOX ONE X. I switched to HDMI option and it shows 1440p but when I switch it says no signal.