cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

smushroomed
Level 7
Anyone else have an always-on fan?

smushroomed wrote:

No issue on my end.

bubba123 wrote:
No issue on my end.

Who doesn't have an always on-fan even after a few hours after power down, help me out

Do you use the usb ports on the back?
DO you use display port/hdmi or port
DO you have a 2080ti?
What is your manufacturing date?

Thank you

smushroomed wrote:
Who doesn't have an always on-fan even after a few hours after power down, help me out

Do you use the usb ports on the back?
DO you use display port/hdmi or port
DO you have a 2080ti?
What is your manufacturing date?

Thank you

yes I have a 2080ti 2x

I use displayport

the Manufacturer date on my display is June I only hear the fan when I turn my pc off and the fan I never hear it during gaming sessions only after I turn off my pc and the fan shuts off about 5 minutes after that I am gonna be connecting my display to a battery backup soon.

I have not tried the usb ports yet. You can send in your display to asus for the firmware update I am patient enough to where I can wait for the download tool.

smushroomed wrote:

The fan turns off with like 2 hours delay after i press the power button. Kinda weird.
(It will be always on when you use the monitor to actively cool it)

Psycrow
Level 11
This screen is on sale atm here in EU..shoul di buy it or is there issues i should know ?
The sale end on sunday so plz enlight me before i buy

Psycrow wrote:
This screen is on sale atm here in EU..shoul di buy it or is there issues i should know ?
The sale end on sunday so plz enlight me before i buy

Sorry the forum is kinda "dead" since there is not much else to say about the monitor and im late with my reply.

This is my conculsion with the monitor and im only gonna mention the negatives so you can decide if you can live with these since this monitor is crazy good and im very happy with my purchase overall!
(FYI all of this have been mentioned in earlier posts)

-Halo effect which might bother you
-27" which is small for some people
-Not the best QC, you might not get the best quality with the first and you might end up RMA it for a better one.
-Price
-Fan noise (only bad if you have an absolute silence rig / room)
-Above 98Hz you loose the 4:4:4 (not a big deal, to be honest i dont even see the difference between the 4:4:4 and 4:4:2)
-Dont even try to run this without 2x1080TI but i would say that even 2x2080TI is not enough sometimes. (although this is not the monitor fault :D)

Other than that its a fantastic monitor. These negatives are far less what other monitors can say about themself! i hope it will serve me for many years.

ELIESEH
Level 11
I want the PG35VQ with VA panel because IPS panels have much higher chance of developing dead/stuck pixels.
Waiting for PG35VQ.*

So my PG27UQ died this morning, I got it on 6/18 and it's been used nearly every day.

Went to sleep w/ my computer in sleep mode, woke up and the monitor wont turn on at all, but the second display came out of sleep mode fine. It's been plugged into a surge protector so I don't think anything happened there, the rest of the PC components are plugged into the same surge protector. I did try plugging it into another outlet outside the surge protector and it still wont power up, checked all connections too.

I guess I'm shipping it back, I think I'm still under warranty... anyone else have a similar issue?

graffin206 wrote:
So my PG27UQ died this morning, I got it on 6/18 and it's been used nearly every day.

Went to sleep w/ my computer in sleep mode, woke up and the monitor wont turn on at all, but the second display came out of sleep mode fine. It's been plugged into a surge protector so I don't think anything happened there, the rest of the PC components are plugged into the same surge protector. I did try plugging it into another outlet outside the surge protector and it still wont power up, checked all connections too.

I guess I'm shipping it back, I think I'm still under warranty... anyone else have a similar issue?

Yes, see here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99007-Pg27uq/page162#post739633

I had to RMA mine, they replaced the 'g-sync card in it' and sent it back to me, so far so good...