cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

An OLED TV will have superior visual quality compared to these monitors. Console gamers use TVs and they all enjoy them. The only benefit for a monitor is less response time/input lag, and gsync. You can certainly notice the difference, but I wouldn't go as far to say that an OLED TV sucks for gaming, infact they're very successful for gamers, since they're so beautiful. Using an OLED TV for normal desktop use would be a bad mistake though, so you'd have to buy one only for gaming and cable TV. As someone with both a console and PC, and plays fast paced FPS games, I couldn't care less about input lag. Preference is different, If I could get an OLED TV with low input lag, you bet I would buy that.

Even if the lag is noticeable between the monitors, it's pretty easy to disregard it if you're not a picky person. I would never buy an OLED TV for PC because of how big they are. Freaken 55 inches is the smallest I can find lmao.

Theknystar
Level 9
There you guys.... heres the competition... no drawbacks or compromises at as all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsytUzKrP58 😄 [sarcasm included]

Nikorasu95
Level 7
This monitor is always on. I noticed when I pressed the power button on the monitor I can still see an image. Only thing pressing the power button does is turn off all LEDs on the monitor including the aesthetic ones. At first, I thought it was burn-in, but IPS getting burn-in is unheard of. Yall can try it yourselves. Have a program window open that is white and then turn the monitor off. Now shine a flashlight in that area and your see the window still being shown.

Nikorasu95 wrote:
This monitor is always on. I noticed when I pressed the power button on the monitor I can still see an image. Only thing pressing the power button does is turn off all LEDs on the monitor including the aesthetic ones. At first, I thought it was burn-in, but IPS getting burn-in is unheard of. Yall can try it yourselves. Have a program window open that is white and then turn the monitor off. Now shine a flashlight in that area and your see the window still being shown.

LOL WTF... you are absolutly right! i can even see the mouse moving. whats the point of that? Why do we even have a power button? 😄

Theknystar wrote:
LOL WTF... you are absolutly right! i can even see the mouse moving. whats the point of that? Why do we even have a power button? 😄

Hmm you guys are right. Does this happen even after the fan is off ? I think it stays on until it coolsdown, hence why you can hear the fan still going.

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
Can you guys hook it up to a UPS or something that tracks watts usage and see how much it drops when you "turn it off"? Or if it doesn't drop at all? Because that would be a tremendous finding if it draws the same amount of power off and on. Like, huge big deal that will cause a recall.

KuraiShidosha wrote:
Can you guys hook it up to a UPS or something that tracks watts usage and see how much it drops when you "turn it off"? Or if it doesn't drop at all? Because that would be a tremendous finding if it draws the same amount of power off and on. Like, huge big deal that will cause a recall.

i bought a watt electricity usage monitor, very interesting numbers. My Pg27aq using about 45-50Watt when its on and when i turn it off with the button its absolute 0.

Now the pg27uq.... I though it will use more electricity since the ac/dc module is like twice as big as my pg27aq but its not much more... now the pg27uq is using about 70-75 watt (no matter what refresh rate or settings) and when i turn it off with the button its still using 33 watt. Its obviously not normal imo, although i believe if asus is aware of this then it can be solved with a firmware update... we will need one anyway... also the fan not turning off for me.. like ever... its not loud its not annoying but we know the rule... "If anything can go wrong, it will". especially with moving parts like a fan.

Any official asus comment on this would be greatly appreciated!

-edit-
Oh. i found the missig watts.... when i turn on HDR for games it can go above 125 watts 😄

Theknystar wrote:
i bought a watt electricity usage monitor, very interesting numbers. My Pg27aq using about 45-50Watt when its on and when i turn it off with the button its absolute 0.

Now the pg27uq.... I though it will use more electricity since the ac/dc module is like twice as big as my pg27aq but its not much more... now the pg27uq is using about 70-75 watt (no matter what refresh rate or settings) and when i turn it off with the button its still using 33 watt. Its obviously not normal imo, although i believe if asus is aware of this then it can be solved with a firmware update... we will need one anyway... also the fan not turning off for me.. like ever... its not loud its not annoying but we know the rule... "If anything can go wrong, it will". especially with moving parts like a fan.

-edit-
Oh. i found the missig watts.... when i turn on HDR for games it can go above 125 watts 😄

Check if there's a difference in watts with and without variable refresh rate on. And it might be able to hit 180watts if you can get the entire screen to display 1000nits for atleast 1 second.

Theknystar wrote:

-edit-

You need to turn on DisplayPort deepsleep. Its still using watts after u press the power button because the fans will keep running till the system is completely cool. Once the fan turns off, you cant see anything on the screen when using a light.

I think they need to increase the temperature threshold for the fan when power is of or when there is no signal.

I think its around 30c right now. They should increase it to 40c.

KOT0005 wrote:
You need to turn on DisplayPort deepsleep. Its still using watts after u press the power button because the fans will keep running till the system is completely cool. Once the fan turns off, you cant see anything on the screen when using a light.

I think they need to increase the temperature threshold for the fan when power is of or when there is no signal.

I think its around 30c right now. They should increase it to 40c.

Deepsleep is turned on and as i wrote it before, the fan never stops for me. Maybe because its summer and we have +30C every day but at night its not that hot but its still not stops. Also sometimes i leave my PC on and deepsleep mode wont help on that.

I
kevinmaster5000 wrote:
Check if there's a difference in watts with and without variable refresh rate on. And it might be able to hit 180watts if you can get the entire screen to display 1000nits for atleast 1 second.

yes now believe the box numbers that it can hit 180 Watts with HDR if every zone shine like a star. there is no difference between the Hz modes (or not noticeable), only the the brightness of the content. Maybe you ment variable backlight? anyway the max not that important, we found that only HDR using lot of watts and there is a reason why the ac/dc module big as a brick 😄