cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

KOT0005 wrote:
This exactly....

This monitor is as good as a OLED using LCD tech, GL getting anything better. Mini LEd version will prob still cost 2000 or even 2500

Obviously! PG27UQ costs $3,050 from the CHEAPEST seller here!!!*
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

briansu wrote:
Obviously! PG27UQ costs $3,050 from the CHEAPEST seller here!!!*

This scares me to think of how much this thing will cost when it arrives in my country. PC components here usually have 25%-50% markup to North America price.

TV, on the other hand, is super cheap here. Just bought a 55 inch OLED C7 for $1200. If PG27UQ is too expensive and when I test the monitor the blooming is too much or the image quality is too inferior compared to oled, I'll go for Sony XE93 which costs half. Sacrifice Gsync, 144Hz and low input lag & wait for miniLED.

deadchip12 wrote:
This scares me to think of how much this thing will cost when it arrives in my country. PC components here usually have 25%-50% markup to North America price.

TV, on the other hand, is super cheap here. Just bought a 55 inch OLED C7 for $1200. If PG27UQ is too expensive and when I test the monitor the blooming is too much or the image quality is too inferior compared to oled, I'll go for Sony XE93 which costs half. Sacrifice Gsync, 144Hz and low input lag & wait for miniLED.

yeah save up for microLED if you can wait. Unfortunately I can’t as the GPUs would be obsolete by then.*
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

deadchip12 wrote:
dude. You are not supposed to be in this thread or buy this monitor if you don't know what those things mean

Relax or chill..im here because im interrested in this screen and what better is to ask people that own it allready ?

Psycrow wrote:
Relax or chill..im here because im interrested in this screen and what better is to ask people that own it allready ?

Nope. If you’re genuinely interested you would have searched for FALD rather than ask here.

briansu wrote:
Nope. If you’re genuinely interested you would have searched for FALD rather than ask here.

Dont be so up and high mighty just because you own this screen...Mr rude

Psycrow wrote:

i wrote a long text about the FALD and HDR10 standard - but then my pc shutted down and it all was gone...

so to cut it short:

a normal monitor uses some LED in the side areas of your screen and emits light to the whole screen...
therefor it has a static brightness, that goes for the whole screen...

with FALD (Full Array Local Dimming) there are up to 800 LED's adjusted independently and therefore you can have a dark and a very bright area on screen at the same time...

haloing comes as a side effect...

if one LED emits light, but the area on screen surrounding this specific zone is darker...
some sort of clouding/bloom/halo will appear - just because the LCD pixels can't block the emitted light efficient enough!

example: a mouse cursor on a black screen...
around the mouse cursor you will be able to see some sort of raised blacklevel, due to light-leakage...
but everywhere, where the LEDs are 'off' black is nearly perfect...

OLED of course has per-pixel-illumination and because of that nothing like halo will occure...!

next step for FALD - miniLED - smaller LEDs means more and smaller zones - means less light leakage and less haloing!
step after this microLED - which means every pixel gets its own little LED backlight...
step after this - real Quantum Dot - every SUB-PIXEL is getting its own self-emitting area!

the smaller the dimming zones and the more there are - the better the contrast will be!

watch this to understand the benfits of FALD in general and the disadvantages in its current state on Acer X27 and PG27UQ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ4xV_2EY7s

Sichtwechsel86 wrote:
i wrote a long text about the FALD and HDR10 standard - but then my pc shutted down and it all was gone...

so to cut it short:

a normal monitor uses some LED in the side areas of your screen and emits light to the whole screen...
therefor it has a static brightness, that goes for the whole screen...

with FALD (Full Array Local Dimming) there are up to 800 LED's adjusted independently and therefore you can have a dark and a very bright area on screen at the same time...

haloing comes as a side effect...

if one LED emits light, but the area on screen surrounding this specific zone is darker...
some sort of clouding/bloom/halo will appear - just because the LCD pixels can't block the emitted light efficient enough!

example: a mouse cursor on a black screen...
around the mouse cursor you will be able to see some sort of raised blacklevel, due to light-leakage...
but everywhere, where the LEDs are 'off' black is nearly perfect...

OLED of course has per-pixel-illumination and because of that nothing like halo will occure...!

next step for FALD - miniLED - smaller LEDs means more and smaller zones - means less light leakage and less haloing!
step after this microLED - which means every pixel gets its own little LED backlight...
step after this - real Quantum Dot - every SUB-PIXEL is getting its own self-emitting area!

the smaller the dimming zones and the more there are - the better the contrast will be!

watch this to understand the benfits of FALD in general and the disadvantages in its current state on Acer X27 and PG27UQ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ4xV_2EY7s

Thx that makes sence now..a shame ur novel got lost in the boot

Psycrow wrote:

If you want in-depth knowledge you can read this http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/hdr.htm

Psycrow
Level 11
But i would like to see this halo effect you see ..Can anyone post a screen of it ?