cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

Sichtwechsel86 wrote:
I decided to give PG27UQ a try - after my Acer x27 experience was aweful in terms of QC and also PG27UQ is the only Gsync HDR monitor available right now...

i ordered via morning-express and it should arrive tomorrow until 12 o' clock

some tips about what i have to check out...

issues this model is known for so far...? (dust, dead pixel, FALD issues, BLB, etc...) ?

I envy you guys...how come you can just order, try and then return like that? At my country where there is no newegg or amazon, we need to buy from store and there is no refund

deadchip12 wrote:
I envy you guys...how come you can just order, try and then return like that? At my country where there is no newegg or amazon, we need to buy from store and there is no refund

In germany it's not based on the specific shop regulatories ... but instead based german law - which is based on EU consumer protection...

Everyone can buy nearly everything and than recall the contract within 14 days... without giving any reasons!
The shop has then to take the order back on their own costs (which is one reason why in EU everything is expensive) -
and pay you back everything you have paid...!

But there are some minor rules you have to apply to...
within a specific time frame (10 days) you have to call back your shopservice and make a recall -
and you cannot use the product extensively - you just check out the product quality...
also: no scratches or other damages due to your usage should appear -
rule: send it back in the same condition you got it -
same foliage, same box, same everything

There is literally a store here in finland where there is 30 days to return an item and you can return like phones, monitors, laptops, tvs or even like dishwashers or whatever and you can even return them without the packaging and you get your money back

Specfox wrote:
There is literally a store here in finland where there is 30 days to return an item and you can return like phones, monitors, laptops, tvs or even like dishwashers or whatever and you can even return them without the packaging and you get your money back

even cooler - but is it common to do so - or is it just this one store?

Sichtwechsel86 wrote:
even cooler - but is it common to do so - or is it just this one store?

it's only that one specific store where you can do that but the return policy with other places isn't that bad either but you can't return items without the box or like dishwashers like you can with that one and also that store is in quite many places so its easy to just return stuff and it has the best return policy in our country

Specfox wrote:
it's only that one specific store where you can do that but the return policy with other places isn't that bad either but you can't return items without the box or like dishwashers like you can with that one and also that store is in quite many places so its easy to just return stuff and it has the best return policy in our country

In Canada, prices are very accurate when adjusting for Currency with America, probably the cheapest country outside of the US. Tech stores let you return anything you'd like for full money back with any reason, like BestBuy. Small-business tech stores let you return anything for full refund if it has a problem. If you buy online, you can just return it to their stores. You can always exchange for free. These policies are usually for 14 days. Amazon is typically the best, 28 day return window with practically any reason and free shipping.

Sichtwechsel86 wrote:
In germany it's not based on the specific shop regulatories ... but instead based german law - which is based on EU consumer protection...

Everyone can buy nearly everything and than recall the contract within 14 days... without giving any reasons!
The shop has then to take the order back on their own costs (which is one reason why in EU everything is expensive) -
and pay you back everything you have paid...!

But there are some minor rules you have to apply to...
within a specific time frame (10 days) you have to call back your shopservice and make a recall -
and you cannot use the product extensively - you just check out the product quality...
also: no scratches or other damages due to your usage should appear -
rule: send it back in the same condition you got it -
same foliage, same box, same everything

Yup govt regulations override the merchant's.

Another example, all electronics sold in England and Wales have to work for 6 years (5 in Scotland) so they are automatically covered by warranty. There's no need to buy 'extended warranty' if the products are only to be used locally. Of course 'extended warranty' packages also come with tech support etc etc which doesn't fall under this rule.
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

Hello guys,

I've just set the PG27UQ up last night and it took a while to get G-Sync and other stuff working.

Here's the issue that I have now, in SDR mode, games appear darker than Windows thus if I adjust the brightness on the monitor in-game then it'll be too bright when I return to Windows. In HDR mode it's the reverse, Windows was way too dark but YouTube and Games were correct. So once again if I adjust the brightness for Windows then it'll be too bright to play games with.

What am I missing out here?

Windows 10 64 Bit, 1080 Ti.

Thanks in advance.
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

Just noticed that my fans have been running on my monitors all night after I shutdown my computer. Any idea on why the fans are still running?

OGHabib wrote:
Just noticed that my fans have been running on my monitors all night after I shutdown my computer. Any idea on why the fans are still running?

same problem here...

i don't know, what to do about it but unplug the monitor...

maybe a firmwareupdate will help?