cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

I am just extremely sad that after buying the PG27UQ online, BestBuy tells me it is sold out 2 days after (I bought it online when it was unavailable). They told me it's apparently very popular and going fast. On the bright side, they haven't charged me yet.

nest wrote:
Holy ffack, I am listening Ready Player One credits and now such good message! I am crying from all my body holes.

this is indeed holy fck. Hdr10+? Dolby Vision?

deadchip12 wrote:
this is indeed holy fck. Hdr10+? Dolby Vision?

no - they just fix the black-crush-problem in 4K 144hz 8bit 4:2:2 SDR

for HDR10+ another scaler would be needed - able to process dynamic metadata...
and DolbyVision additionally needs at least 12bit color depth processing (a true 12bit panel, 10bit+FRC or at least 10bit+LUT)

also i don't think that NVidia or especially Acer/Asus will bring us a workaround -
they most likely will release the next GSync HDR monitors with support for dynamic metadata...

it's the same as with TVs...
new years models get HDR10+ ...last years models don't!
example:
LG B7 OLED (2017) supports HDR10, HLG and DolbyVision and therefore has a scaler that supports dynamic metadata -
but it won't get HDR10+ via update!
Even LG B8 (2018) probably won't get it...

Some Samsung and Sony TVs of THIS year will get an update,
but not last years models...

it is common pratctice for TV companies to give the potential buyers reasons to switch to the newest models...
(better panel, new processor, new featureset, higher nits, etc etc...)
it won't be different with monitors

Also DolbyVision has to be licensed, which adds cost...
we won't get it for free...

to cut a long story short:
specs and featuresets will stay the same for PG27UQ/X27 -
FW-update just for bugfixing and maybe new Aura Sync modes...

But i really think upcoming GSync HDR monitors (not PG35VQ or X35 though) will feature at least ONE dynamic HDR mode (i gues HDR10+)

Sichtwechsel86 wrote:

But i really think upcoming GSync HDR monitors (not PG35VQ or X35 though) will feature at least ONE dynamic HDR mode (i gues HDR10+)

Nop not happening... they will have the exact same specs. Probably a bit better blacks but at the cost of VA issues.

KOT0005 wrote:
Nop not happening... they will have the exact same specs. Probably a bit better blacks but at the cost of VA issues.

i mean upcoming models... 2020 onwards...

if games will use dynamic HDR (HDR10+) - GSync HDR models will have to follow...

Im honestly quite happy of my pg27uq and there is almost none blb and the haloing with fald isn't that bad.

xMrAx
Level 7
I have some backlight bleed on the right side of the display even with FALD on. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing backlight bleed when FALD is on. I am debating whether to exchange the monitor as it is extremely noticeable when the screen is all black and whenever a bright object is near that part of the screen, it lights up brighter than any other area.

xMrAx wrote:
I have some backlight bleed on the right side of the display even with FALD on. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing backlight bleed when FALD is on. I am debating whether to exchange the monitor as it is extremely noticeable when the screen is all black and whenever a bright object is near that part of the screen, it lights up brighter than any other area.

i had the same experience with my Acer X27 and returned it...
It occured at all corners and especially on the right side...
Like you described: every part of the screen will light up brighter - even with FALD on - if that's an BLB effected area

I recommend, what was told from service to me:
give it back - don't exchange it!

If 'exchanged' they would send to Asus to check out and Asus (as acer) says: BLB to a certain degree is normal!

By giving it back and get your money you can buy a new one, with hopefully less BLB...

My x27 even had a dead pixel -
which is perfectly fine for asus/acer - because they don't give zero-deadPixel-warranty...
so a certain amount of dead pixels is no warrantycase!*

btrach144
Level 7
For those who keep mentioning Dolby Vision, keep it mind that DV only supports up to 60 FPS. That would be extremely limiting on a gaming monitor.

Sichtwechsel86
Level 7
I decided to give PG27UQ a try - after my Acer x27 experience was aweful in terms of QC and also PG27UQ is the only Gsync HDR monitor available right now...

i ordered via morning-express and it should arrive tomorrow until 12 o' clock

some tips about what i have to check out...

issues this model is known for so far...? (dust, dead pixel, FALD issues, BLB, etc...) ?