cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

Twinkies wrote:
I was being sarcastic 🙂

I think Asus marketing department is having a hard time figuring out the best price point right now.
They know their cost and supply, but I think the demand for this particular display is hard for them to judge.

If they go to low on the price:

And if they go to high

ahobanger
Level 7
Well, I can say one thing... MarshallR's updates have been pretty awesome. Very cool to have this kind of community service 🙂

deadchip12
Level 7
Still can't believe this thing is gonna cost nearly as much as 65-inch Z9D

PG27UQ: 27 inch, 4K@144Hz, Gsync, ~4ms response time, 144Hz, 1000 nits, 90% DCI-P3, 8bit+FRC, 384-zone FALD, HDR10

Z9D: 65 inch, , 4K@60Hz/1080p@120Hz, ~24ms response time, >1800 nits, >95% DCI-P3, 10bit, >600-zone FALD, HDR10 + Dolby Vision, 3D, TV+AndroidTV+Internet

PG27UQ: 4K@144Hz, Gsync, ~4ms response time, G-Sync smoothness

Z9D: 4K@60Hz ~24ms response time, Horrible tearing and experience because no G-Sync

Let's focus on the key gaming metrics here, since it's a gaming monitor.

The TV is SIX times slower, and that's not even accounting for input lag, which is likely to be another layer of slow since it's spec is clearly designed to focus on media playback not speed. Even a 'slow' monitor is under 20. If we produced a gaming monitor over 10 we'd be very badly reviewed. But then on the flip-side you're not going to a 27-inch display for a cinema experience either.
The TV is your basic 60Hz boondoggle. PC gamers demand faster, which is what this is all about: breaking that 4K60 barrier.
G-Sync and VRR are a key asset for high-resolution gameplay since you're almost always going to be playing under the 144Hz.

This is a discussion about spending $200k on a Rolls Royce vs Track-tuned GT: both have four wheels, but are desirable in their own way.

On the video vs gaming: professionally recorded media includes motion blur, because it's shot at 24-30FPS unless specifically stated HFR. Games, being real-time generated content, have options to replicate this but it's a(n inconsistently applied) post-process (and personally I always turn it off because it makes me sick). Fast games require precision, so not motion blur, so you need to focus on accommodating speed and input lag first-and-foremost for the best experience.

deadchip12 wrote:
Still can't believe this thing is gonna cost nearly as much as 65-inch Z9D

PG27UQ: 27 inch, 4K@144Hz, Gsync, ~4ms response time, 144Hz, 1000 nits, 90% DCI-P3, 8bit+FRC, 384-zone FALD, HDR10

Z9D: 65 inch, , 4K@60Hz/1080p@120Hz, ~24ms response time, >1800 nits, >95% DCI-P3, 10bit, >600-zone FALD, HDR10 + Dolby Vision, 3D, TV+AndroidTV+Internet

so this tv has worst input lag,no G-SYNC and only 60hz. I think all these are against a gamer

greekwow wrote:
so this tv has worst input lag,no G-SYNC and only 60hz. I think all these are against a gamer

Yea, it's a cinema experience display

MarshallR wrote:
Yea, it's a cinema experience display

I don't know about you but I'm gonna use PG27UQ to watch 4K HDR movies as well

deadchip12 wrote:
I don't know about you but I'm gonna use PG27UQ to watch 4K HDR movies as well

Off course. I will do as well.

I am not sure if this will be better than PA32UC on movies.

deadchip12 wrote:
Oh snap

*https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/4k_120hz_monitors_arrive_from_korean_manufacturers_-_wasab...

those monitors are listed as 60hz 4k hdr on the ebay listings the 4k korean.