cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

Twinkies wrote:
Just for my own clarification without reading every post until I can get home since you were replying about the 65" display is THAT the display thats delayed until June or are we also speaking about the PG27UQ?

Specifically the ASUS 65 BFGD launch date hasn't been announced by us. There were 'expectations' earlier this year. At this stage I would not expect it to arrive in the summer (June-Aug). There will be a ROG BFGD demo at Computex in early June and it's possible that we'll know more by then, but we're talking about this topic on page 46 of a thread about a similar product so you can probably extrapolate from there with regards to date accuracy. It's been this way since forever in the display industry.

MarshallR wrote:
Specifically the ASUS 65 BFGD launch date hasn't been announced by us. There were 'expectations' earlier this year. At this stage I would not expect it to arrive in the summer (June-Aug). There will be demonstrations (again) at Computex in early June and it's possible that we'll know more by then, but we're talking about this topic on page 46 of a thread about a similar product so you can probably extrapolate from there with regards to date accuracy. It's been this way since forever in the display industry.

Does the pg27uq monitor come with cool packaging? lol

kevinmaster5000 wrote:
Does the pg27uq monitor come with cool packaging? lol

Of course! Inside safe and foamy. Outside ROG-factor-:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I don't think the PG65 has packaging designed yet, but since the display itself is HUGE... let's just say you could probably make a fort out of the cardboard to sit in and play from. That's like +1 value right there.

calzenth wrote:
Indeed they like any retailer will mark preorder prices high till official MSRP is codirmed.

ok but remember in this case Asus themselves have officially announced the price of EUR $2,500
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

briansu wrote:
ok but remember in this case Asus themselves have officially announced the price of EUR $2,500

ASUS themselves also said $1,200(USD) at CES 2017. Hopefully they have more news tomorrow.*

btrach144 wrote:
ASUS themselves also said $1,200(USD) at CES 2017. Hopefully they have more news tomorrow.*

That's old news. They've recently revised that and announced the new price.

Tomorrow's news sounds like it's about a different product. I'm doubtful it's about this monitor as this has already been announced ages ago. Tomorrow's news is likely to be a future product that hasn't been announced yet.
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING OC / ASUS PG27UQ / 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB / Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB / Seagate 12 TB BarraCuda Pro Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

nest
Level 9
I am from central europe - czech - and I must note, that 2500E is price of older car in good shape here. There will be single digit sales with this price. I must admit, that Asus probably dont know we exist anyway.

nest wrote:
I am from central europe - czech - and I must note, that 2500E is price of older car in good shape here. There will be single digit sales with this price. I must admit, that Asus probably dont know we exist anyway.

If the market is small why would they care anyway? There isn't much to be made there. Their business analysts know what they're doing 🙂 but then again why blame Asus? Acer is similarly priced. Maybe it's the panel itself that costs a lot and Asus can't control that.

nest
Level 9
Thats my point. No use to bragging about price. This product its not meant to be affordable. Take it or leave it.

bubba123
Level 8
maybe we will know by May 8th if its the release of the pg27uq swift Asus has an incoming announcement.

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG/status/992554472663535616