cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Neon_Lights
Level 7
MarshallR wrote:
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

My original post:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/2210502/acer-27-predator-x27-4k-144hz-hdr-g-sync-quantum-dot

On this retailer site, the Acer Predator X27 is listed as to be shipped April 5th. Because ASUS usually release their version a little earlier than Acer/the other manufacturers, it is likely that the PG27UQ will be released (assuming that shipping date is correct) during March, this would also still stick to the Q1 2018 release window.

For reference, see the posts in this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/10...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620061/vc-asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-hdr-monitor/11...
1,676 REPLIES 1,676

sblantipodi wrote:
Unreal Engine 4 enabled SLI since a lot.
Gears of War 4 has perfect scaling in SLI using UE4

Yeah, that's probably the only game. Maybe there's another game that UE4 successfully supported SLI, and it's able to fully utilize a 3440x1440 200Hz monitor. Let me search for a while because I don't even remember the name of it.
components in PCPartPicker
Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

Feels like the pg27uq and pg35vq are never going to release 😞

MarshallR
Level 10
Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

MarshallR wrote:

Thanks for the info.

MarshallR wrote:

Doubt it. A newer 4K 144Hz monitor requires display port 1.4 for single cable connectivity and an older GPU doesn't have the display port 1.4 option, it's going to be a lot of trouble to introduce dual display port 1.3 configuration for older hardware compatibility. Dell already canceled its mass production of 4K 144Hz UP2718Q monitor in 2017 because of some problems caused by the dual display port 1.3 configuration.
components in PCPartPicker
Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

MarshallR wrote:

What is the X series? Can you provide a link please?

MarshallR wrote:

I hope it really does release and ship in april like nvidia says

bubba123 wrote:
I hope it really does release and ship in april like nvidia says

I talked to the product manager direct. It's nice to have their support, but I think it's better we speak for ourselves as we know our own production and shipping schedules better than Nvidia does. It's the Carmack rule: it's ready when it's really ready.

I will create a thread and explain the intricacies of 144/4K/HDR, as it requires some understanding of how it works under the DP port bandwidth limitations. Any Pascal (or Volta) generation card can work with it (assuming you're buying it for GSync), but to be able to play AAA titles on it up to 144/4K then you'll need a 1080Ti or Titan. If you're only playing Fortnite/PUBG/DOTA/LoL/ etc then they aren't as demanding.

MarshallR wrote:
I talked to the product manager direct. It's nice to have their support, but I think it's better we speak for ourselves as we know our own production and shipping schedules better than Nvidia does. It's the Carmack rule: it's ready when it's really ready.

I will create a thread and explain the intricacies of 144/4K/HDR, as it requires some understanding of how it works under the DP port bandwidth limitations. Any Pascal (or Volta) generation card can work with it (assuming you're buying it for GSync), but to be able to play AAA titles on it up to 144/4K then you'll need a 1080Ti or Titan. If you're only playing Fortnite/PUBG/DOTA/LoL/ etc then they aren't as demanding.

That's awesome. Thanks. Look forward to the thread.

Also, it would be great if you can shine some light on several things like whether the monitor supports HDMI 2.1, Dolby Vision, or will the HDR work with consoles since some of us will use the monitor for both PC and console gaming.

MarshallR
Level 10
Consoles.. not sure. Haven't covered this since yet it's not the expected pairing. Could you suggest which game to test? Or is there an option in the settings? Last console I owned was a 360/N64.

It's not Dolby Vision. HDR10 instead.

It's HDMI 2.0, DP 1.4. Only DP up to 144. HDMI to 60.