cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ No Sound... Please Help

RogUAE
Level 7
Hi...

I'm sorry if I'm typing a story here, but I'm trying to share the suffering I went through >_< !

I hope that I can find help here as I spent 2 weeks with Google trying to figure out the problem which is that my PG27UQ doesn't have sound while the other screen does. I tried reinstalling the driver (result is a device not migrated), tried to download aura (doesn't open and I think many have this error), tried cclean and reinstalled everything connecting with the sound jack + dp and dp alone but it is still the same.

Those are the driver and software that I kept downloading:
https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/HelpDesk_Download/

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel 10900KF i9 10th Gen Processor 3.7GHZ 20MB cache processor
  • Gigabyte Aoros RTX 3090 24GB master graphics
  • Gigabyte Aoros Z490 Aoros ULTRA 10th gaming motherboard
  • MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R Cooler
  • Thermal view 71 black tempered glass
  • Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATTX Power Supply 1000 Watt 80 Plus
  • Corsair 3600 MHZ 2*32gb Vaengeance rgb pro gaming ram
  • WD 1TB NVME M.2

Connected to two monitors

• Asus PG27UQ connected through DP (the problematic monitor where the sound doesn't work) with dp only and the sound jack+dp
  • Asus MG28UQ (connected through DP (sound is perfectly fine)

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

ciderbob
Level 7
i am having the same problem, have you got a fix??

ciderbob wrote:
i am having the same problem, have you got a fix??

Hi,

There will be no fix, because there is no issue, the PG27UQ monitor don't have built-in speakers.

It has a 3.5mm jack for headphones or external speakers because it serves only as a passtrough of audio codec from your GPU via HDMI/DP, so even if it means using headphone or external speakers, it is better to use the audio codec from your motherboard via 3.5mm jack which will be more efficient.