cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq firmware

Specfox
Level 7
So where is the firmware which was supposed to come by the end of 2018?
27 REPLIES 27

it doesn't solve black creen blinkig problem. I tried to update, but software said that my monitort is up to date already.
I bought 2 8k Display Port cables, but blinking begins in any case after some minutes of monitor working.
It seems that as soon the monitor will be warm it begins blinking every second with black screen.
The most expensive and useless buy in my life.

nest
Level 9
Updated today. No problems. ROG lighting lasers still stays on in deep sleep.

Rewerend
Level 9
Hello nest, which fw did u get? I tried yesterday to check if there is new version but it seems that you had initial version. Mine is up to date....but after RMA fan (which was only cleaned) I am very satisfied with this LCD 🙂

Rewerend wrote:
Hello nest, which fw did u get? I tried yesterday to check if there is new version but it seems that you had initial version. Mine is up to date....but after RMA fan (which was only cleaned) I am very satisfied with this LCD 🙂

I had initial version with black crush. Now I can use 144Hz without problems. I am expecting problems with fans too, I noticed change of its sound (nothing to do with fw change).

nest wrote:
I had initial version with black crush. Now I can use 144Hz without problems. I am expecting problems with fans too, I noticed change of its sound (nothing to do with fw change).

Send it to service, it´s quick done with cleaning and it helps 😉

Zorjo
Level 7
Hi!!

One question. I read that not all the models of PG27UQ needs de firmware update. Only the first ones. Is this true? I bought mine this year. Do I need to do the update? In the support FAQ mentioned in this thread (https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036750/), it says literally that "In the serial number, if the second digit is 6, the firmware can be refreshed". But the second digit in my serial number is 8. Does that mean that I CAN´T update my firmware or that i DON´T NEED to do the update? For now, I can´t test the 144Hz because I have an nvidia GTX980Ti, and in the manual of the monitor it says that you need at least an GTX 10 series GPU to use the 144Hz. But I´m planning to get an GTX 3080. So I need to know what I have to do with my monitor in order to achieve the best performance with my new GPU. Thanks!!

Zorjo wrote:
Hi!!

One question. I read that not all the models of PG27UQ needs de firmware update. Only the first ones. Is this true? I bought mine this year. Do I need to do the update? In the support FAQ mentioned in this thread (https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036750/), it says literally that "In the serial number, if the second digit is 6, the firmware can be refreshed". But the second digit in my serial number is 8. Does that mean that I CAN´T update my firmware or that i DON´T NEED to do the update? For now, I can´t test the 144Hz because I have an nvidia GTX980Ti, and in the manual of the monitor it says that you need at least an GTX 10 series GPU to use the 144Hz. But I´m planning to get an GTX 3080. So I need to know what I have to do with my monitor in order to achieve the best performance with my new GPU. Thanks!!

There was an initial batch of PG27UQ that left the factory before ASUS found a firmware bug. Only the initial batch of units need the firmware update. Since you just bought yours and the serial number does not match, you do not need to do anything.

After ASUS caught the bug, they halted sales for 1-2 months while they recalled back all the monitors that hadn't been sold so they could flash them.

I was super excited and was determined to be a day 1 buyer of the PG27UQ and got a unit with the firmware bug. Had fun waiting over a year I believe for the firmware fix.

btrach144 wrote:
There was an initial batch of PG27UQ that left the factory before ASUS found a firmware bug. Only the initial batch of units need the firmware update. Since you just bought yours and the serial number does not match, you do not need to do anything.

After ASUS caught the bug, they halted sales for 1-2 months while they recalled back all the monitors that hadn't been sold so they could flash them.

I was super excited and was determined to be a day 1 buyer of the PG27UQ and got a unit with the firmware bug. Had fun waiting over a year I believe for the firmware fix.

Ok. Thanks for the help. It´s a relief. It´s a shame though that Asus did such a bad work with all this problem. I´m sorry for the people who had this problem when the monitor launched. Specially since Asus never released the tool that allow the user to do the firmware update himself. Or at least, no officialy.