cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ and Netflix UltraHD not working

wubbl_s
Level 7
What can I be missing to get this to work?

- Running monitor in 4k / 10 bit color mode (tried 8 bit too, 60hz, 98Hz and 120Hz)
- HDR/WGR is on in Windows settings
- 2080 TI is HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Using Displayport
- Windows 10 has all the latest updates, gfx drivers are updated too
- Using Netflix Windows 10 app
- HEVC extension installed in app store
- I have the UltraHD $14/mo Netflix subscription
- Netflix set to high in playback settings
- Tried disabling 2nd monitor that isn't 4k
- Tried Microsoft Edge too just in case since it supports 4k too
- 200/15 internet connection, no ISP throttling

I can't get UltraHD options to show up in the Netflix app and I can't think of what else I am doing wrong. Anyone get UltraHD (4k) working? The HDR option is showing but the resolution is only HD (1080p).

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. All my other 4k devices in the house work in wired/wireless and I don't have any restrictions from my ISP. The monitor is HDCP 2.2 compliant for sure.

mastering3d wrote:
I dont know if you ever worked this out mate but i just did took me all of ten mins playing round ,The reason that UHD is not working for you is i bet you have Stream HDR Video set in windows RIGHT!! under "PC settings/system/" if so then turn that off ,You will need to download the Netflix APP to get it working it wont work on google nor any other browser , Once downloaded and installed sign in then look for UHD and there you go working in UHD , The reason it would not work before is the app or browser for Netflix would see that you had windows set to stream HDR then forcing it to work only in HDR with it disabled it works UHD .

Good luck ..

This was an interesting suggestion, though the only different in turning off the stream HDR video option was making it so content could only be played in HD instead of HDR.

EDIT: I should also mention that 4k works great on Amazon Prime Video, just not Netflix.

AKDragon
Level 7
Is there any literature that states the DisplayPort on the monitor is HDCP 2.2 compliant? If not may be worth trying the HDMI port instead. I will be interested to know if that works.

wubbl_s
Level 7
Anyone ever figure this out?

chrtp91
Level 7
Netflix 4K HDR works for me but only if i disconnect my second monitor (or switch it off with Windows + P). I asked Netflix and they told me it only works in 4K with 1 monitor. If you use a second monitor it´s only 1080p but HDR works. I got the PG27uq with a 2080ti over DP.

Same for me here. System AMD Ryzen, RTX 2080, Win 10, Netflix App, HDCP 2.0 is neccesary.