Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q makes lines when G-sync is enabled

spamophobia3
Level 9

Circled for better clarity

(screen grab from )

would really appreciate if ASUS tell me if this is normal or not

making a new thread because after 17 days , and no replies unsure if what i typed makes no sense or these forums are dead (and i don't know how to delete the old thread
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi spamophobia3

Not many people cruising the monitors section maybe...

Does this happen at any other time except on that game. I mean, my first thought would be some game glitch/driver issue with that game rather than the monitor.

Have you tried enough combos to say for sure it's the monitor and not settings I guess I'm asking...

I looked at your other thread and it's hard to say about the brightness issue since a decent camera can exaggerate that so much more than normal viewing...

Having said that my screen gives me no visual discomfort, ever, so if you are bothered maybe try returning the monitor before the return period runs out...you have to be happy with it at the end of the day and they aren't cheap.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hi spamophobia3

Not many people cruising the monitors section maybe...

Does this happen at any other time except on that game. I mean, my first thought would be some game glitch/driver issue with that game rather than the monitor.

Have you tried enough combos to say for sure it's the monitor and not settings I guess I'm asking...

I looked at your other thread and it's hard to say about the brightness issue since a decent camera can exaggerate that so much more than normal viewing...

Having said that my screen gives me no visual discomfort, ever, so if you are bothered maybe try returning the monitor before the return period runs out...you have to be happy with it at the end of the day and they aren't cheap.

i bought a 3 year warranty but i got the monitor back in april 2018

it happens in every game to lesser extents, usually when pausing unpausing this game i was playing is the worst of it though and it appears every 5-10 seconds

the only thing that seems to work is turning off G-sync but thats kinda what i bought the monitor for...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Roger that...G-Sync is what you pay for...

Any joy if you run 120Hz?

What GPU are you running...have you tried uninstalling the driver with something like DDU and doing a fresh driver install?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Roger that...G-Sync is what you pay for...

Any joy if you run 120Hz?

What GPU are you running...have you tried uninstalling the driver with something like DDU and doing a fresh driver install?

i have a nvidia 1080Ti and have tried lowering the refresh rate from 144hz to 60 but still get the lines 76564

spamophobia3
Level 9
so i talked to an asus rep via live chat

they told me to try resetting my monitor and the steps on how to do it

any way

as far as i can tell after restting the monitor, my horizontal lines issue seems to be fixed

but im still gonan be looking for it incase it ocmes back

(posting my solution so incase say 2025 some one has this issue (or i get the same issue_ and is like was it ever solved where there is an answer)

spamophobia3 wrote:
my horizontal lines issue seems to be fixed

posting my solution so in case say 2025 some one has this issue (or i get the same issue_ and is like was it ever solved where there is an answer)

Fingers crossed it's fixed....good on you for posting back solution...it will surely help someone else one day.

🙂

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Fingers crossed it's fixed....good on you for posting back solution...it will surely help someone else one day.

🙂

unfortunately i was wrong, issue isnt solved, just made it happen less 😕

im not even sure if the reset is even tied to the issue at all anymore and i just got lucky (or unlucky rather) that it didn't continue for a bit after doing a reset

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried using DDU in safe mode and installing fresh driver?

Do you have G-Force experience installed? If so maybe try getting rid of it and just using the driver and PhysX from the custom install option?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Have you tried using DDU in safe mode and installing fresh driver?

Do you have G-Force experience installed? If so maybe try getting rid of it and just using the driver and PhysX from the custom install option?

what is ??