cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q Flickering

Loomaanaatii
Level 7
Hello,

I am having this issue with my PG279Q that whenever I move my chair around the monitor flickers really badly. I have checked the cables, replaced the power brick, and the DP cable. Still no luck, flickers like a son of a B. Since I am epileptic this is a very big issue for me. I have also tried it on my steam box, different circuit, different computer. Still flickers. Just started doing it.

Should I send it in for an RMA?

Here's a video to show what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNlxiuPH5zY
7 REPLIES 7

AMGcity
Level 7
Loomaanaatii wrote:
Hello,

I am having this issue with my PG279Q that whenever I move my chair around the monitor flickers really badly. I have checked the cables, replaced the power brick, and the DP cable. Still no luck, flickers like a son of a B. Since I am epileptic this is a very big issue for me. I have also tried it on my steam box, different circuit, different computer. Still flickers. Just started doing it.

Should I send it in for an RMA?

Here's a video to show what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNlxiuPH5zY

Hey,

I just started having this issue too, as well as my DisplayPort's on my GTX 1080 not allow me to output at 144hz. One thing I tried that seemed to help was to turn off the "Deep-Sleep" options in the Monitor menu. It's in System Setup, way at the bottom. Give that a try and see if it helps!

Bill
Level 7
Hello Loomaanaatii
Thank you for your inquiry
I would recommend sending it for RMA
Thank you

cljustin
Level 8
If power cycling your monitor and trying different cables is not fixing the flickering, then you may have to RMA it. Does it flicker on every HZ setting?

I am having the same issue as opening post. When I move my chair about the screen flickers on and off.
I have not tried changing DP Cable as yet but I am wondering if problem is related to static or electrical grounding. When I use a different lighter chair the problem stops. Wondering if more people have this problem and do I need to RMA? Monitor has been great apart from this issue.

Asus PG27Q @ 144Hz
MSI 1080 ti

cljustin
Level 8
Try moving the monitor in a different environment + testing on a different cable.

Thanks for your reply. I have ordered a new cable from Amazon and I will let you know if it has improved situation.

I checked behind computer and discovered that my dp cable was in contact with the monitor power transformer (which is on desk). The cable has been moved away from transformer and issue has stopped. I assume there must be some electrical interference to the transformer from static or something. Monitor blinked when transformer was sitting on floor carpet and I moved my chair but since transformer is located on desk away from dp cable blinking has stopped. I have not tried new cable and probably will not (it will join rest of my spare cables in the tangle lol).