cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q turning back on by itself?

Nico67
Level 7
Hi,

I got this new monitor a couple of months back, and I have noticed it seems to be turning itself back on after I have shut the PC down and turned the monitor off. At first I thought I had just forgotten to turn it off, but it seems that wasn't the case.
I upgraded from a PB278Q so I used to just turn the monitor off with the switch after shutting down the PC, and never had any issues with that except for the odd occasion where I forgot too 🙂
With the PG278Q, it seems to always turn itself back on and end up in standby. Other than that the monitor is great, and a massive improvement in games for smoothness and quality (colour being the only disadvantage).
Seems this is not an isolated occurrence as I have seen other reports of this happening, but I haven't come across any fixes? Anybody had any luck with stopping this?
28 REPLIES 28

ka713 wrote:
Can you see if this issue is fixed by switching the power adapter from one of your two working monitors with the one that is having the issue?

I would rather buy a replacement adapter than deal with Asus warranty.

Thanks

I have put the faulty adapter on the other monitors still turns them on its 100 percent the adapter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cybacreep wrote:
I have put the faulty adapter on the other monitors still turns them on its 100 percent the adapter

Can 100% confirm it.
After i switched to my friends Asus compatible adapter my PG278Q works at intended.

Time to RMA adapter.

I have also had this same issue. For a while my monitor would randomly switch itself on; it then stopped doing that and would refuse to turn on unless I unplugged the power brick, wait for a minute then plug it back in.

Eventually it stopped working altogether. I RMA'd the power brick with Asus and a week later they sent me a new one (they didn't ask for the old one back, they just sent out a new one).
I got the replacement yesterday and my monitor is now working perfectly again.

Let's hope that Asus sort out these power supplies as I really don't want to keep RMA'ing one every 6 months.

Chris_Waddle wrote:
I have also had this same issue. For a while my monitor would randomly switch itself on; it then stopped doing that and would refuse to turn on unless I unplugged the power brick, wait for a minute then plug it back in.

Eventually it stopped working altogether. I RMA'd the power brick with Asus and a week later they sent me a new one (they didn't ask for the old one back, they just sent out a new one).
I got the replacement yesterday and my monitor is now working perfectly again.

Let's hope that Asus sort out these power supplies as I really don't want to keep RMA'ing one every 6 months.

Well, since they let you keep your old one, would you mind opening it up to show us all what's going on in there?

I was having the same problem and found this thread. I tried a different adapter and it seem to solved the problem.

I have just contact asus by telephone to get a replacement adapter. Was told the best thing to do was to "Buy a new one". I then had a discussion and finally was told to complete the online RMA form. I am now waiting to see if they will hopefully send me a replacement with no cost to myself.

Okey, so my screen just started powering on after i turn off my computer. I was in bed when i saw the screen light up my room. And few days ago my screen wont power back on, i have to pull the powercord off the socket to get it to work... So i Started seach the web when i found this post. I can confirm this 100% thats the power adapter that makes the problem for us. I have to call the place i got it to get new.... gosh, i bet i have to send it in before i get new one.. thats gonna be fun without a screen for 2 weeks. And btw my screen is 8 months old.

I have the ROG SWIFT PG248Q and i also suffer from it switching ON by its self.
do you think this AC Adapter would be compatible with my display : http://www.ebay.com/itm/121828159363

I just send Asus an email, filled out the RMA and got a new AC adapter. I don't have any problems since then.

cyrano84 wrote:
I have the ROG SWIFT PG248Q and i also suffer from it switching ON by its self.
do you think this AC Adapter would be compatible with my display : http://www.ebay.com/itm/121828159363

Bal
Level 7
So my friends...

A sad update, tonight when I wanted to turn the monitor on as usual (rehook the power cables) and I hated that, it doesn't work out anymore. Monitor did not turn on whatever I tried.
I bought the item on January from amazon, I will try asking them to take it back and see what happens. I mean this is just not right.. it can happen after warranty and then I will be ****ed.

So this is what gonna happen guys, it will not start after a point. (ones having same issue with me)

I was wondering if you have the same model nr for your adapter as mine?

Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing