cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q turning back on by itself?

Nico67
Level 7
Hi,

I got this new monitor a couple of months back, and I have noticed it seems to be turning itself back on after I have shut the PC down and turned the monitor off. At first I thought I had just forgotten to turn it off, but it seems that wasn't the case.
I upgraded from a PB278Q so I used to just turn the monitor off with the switch after shutting down the PC, and never had any issues with that except for the odd occasion where I forgot too 🙂
With the PG278Q, it seems to always turn itself back on and end up in standby. Other than that the monitor is great, and a massive improvement in games for smoothness and quality (colour being the only disadvantage).
Seems this is not an isolated occurrence as I have seen other reports of this happening, but I haven't come across any fixes? Anybody had any luck with stopping this?
28 REPLIES 28

tongey54 wrote:
I am currently suffering from the issue now. Began with the monitor not turning on unless I unplugged it from the wall, and now it has also begun turning itself back on.

Are Asus replacing the power adapters? I really don't want to send the full monitor back as it is otherwise perfect.

Exactly same issue with me.. Only mine is not turning itself on. Once power is out for long time, it just does not turn on without releasing and hooking up power cables. (both wall and power source cable must be unplugged.)

I am very upset and cannot decide if I should RMA. Scared to death that I will receive a faulty one. Monitor is except this power issue great. And I don't want to deal with a ****ty one.. Although I explained my issue to the Asus, they say I will get a replacement and they will check monitor. It seems obvious to me this is an adapter fail, it would be ****ing smart to try the adapter first.. I mean wtf.
Send me an adapter so I can check!

Anyone have anything regarding this.. please post. Just feeling so desperate
Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Bal wrote:
Exactly same issue with me.. Only mine is not turning itself on. Once power is out for long time, it just does not turn on without releasing and hooking up power cables. (both wall and power source cable must be unplugged.)

I am very upset and cannot decide if I should RMA. Scared to death that I will receive a faulty one. Monitor is except this power issue great. And I don't want to deal with a ****ty one.. Although I explained my issue to the Asus, they say I will get a replacement and they will check monitor. It seems obvious to me this is an adapter fail, it would be ****ing smart to try the adapter first.. I mean wtf.
Send me an adapter so I can check!

Anyone have anything regarding this.. please post. Just feeling so desperate

Same. Kind of wish I had just returned it and gotten my money back, but I'm past 30 days now. Having to do this almost every time I sit down to use the computer is a pain in the ass. I'm probably going to attempt an advanced RMA, but I'm willing to bet I'll continue having this issue with any ROG Swift...

Darkfalz
Level 7
Turns out I have a spare ASUS Notebook charger with the same specs, I'm trying that out now. I did plug this one in my laptop and it took a few times to get it to detect it, so there is something flakey with it no doubt.

Mr_Fujisawa
Level 7
Did using a new power supply work for you? I'm having this same issue now (monitor turns itself back on, even if PC is in sleep status). It's a real pain.

Bal
Level 7
Monster within him calls you for act, don't you see?
Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Spoonhandle
Level 7
This is the exact problem I am having...I thought it was related to the computer sleep settings, but nope. Annoyed that this issue is still happening after all this time but at the same time relieved to know it has to do with the power adapter, and not the monitor itself.

Same problem here. :mad:

ka713
Level 7
Nico67 wrote:
Hi,

I got this new monitor a couple of months back, and I have noticed it seems to be turning itself back on after I have shut the PC down and turned the monitor off. At first I thought I had just forgotten to turn it off, but it seems that wasn't the case.
I upgraded from a PB278Q so I used to just turn the monitor off with the switch after shutting down the PC, and never had any issues with that except for the odd occasion where I forgot too 🙂
With the PG278Q, it seems to always turn itself back on and end up in standby. Other than that the monitor is great, and a massive improvement in games for smoothness and quality (colour being the only disadvantage).
Seems this is not an isolated occurrence as I have seen other reports of this happening, but I haven't come across any fixes? Anybody had any luck with stopping this?

I have the same issue. Monitor keeps turning on after I've switched it off.

Anyone know of any solutions?

cybacreep
Level 7
I have 3 Monitors one keeps turning on after I've switched it off. hmmm not happy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cybacreep wrote:
I have 3 Monitors one keeps turning on after I've switched it off. hmmm not happy

Can you see if this issue is fixed by switching the power adapter from one of your two working monitors with the one that is having the issue?

I would rather buy a replacement adapter than deal with Asus warranty.

Thanks