cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG248Q Blackout

controLÂ_
Level 7
Hello its nice to join ROG for me.I'm so happy with my products but I have one problem with PG248Q.

Sometimes monitor is getting dark suddenly like for two seconds and it happens fast.And it does it double time like two blackout in two seconds.

I updated my monitor and graphics card.I use w10 updated.I even changed my location of Displayport attached to graphics card.Could you help me what this is about? Thank you all of you and Happy gaming.

Edit: When it happens also LED Light is fading.Like power problem maybe?
8 REPLIES 8

Crashcourse316
Level 9
switch to HDMI cable if you have one laying around. If you don't have an issue we can narrow it down to the Display port cable going bad, or at least something related to display port. If it's a power issue or monitor issue it will most likely keep happening. If it does keep happening I would suggest giving Asus a call or email ticket and request a new power supply. If switch to HDMI fixes the issue then I would first try give your DP cable a test by switching it to 60hz. if switching to 60hz. If the issue is still happening at 60hz try 60hz at 1080p. This is basically just lowering the amount of data going through the cable which should let us see if the cable is having issues sending the full 165hz data rate at 1440p. If either the 60hz change or 1080p res. change solves the issue then I would assume its a bad cable and go buy a new DP1.2 or higher cable.

Also welcome to the party.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Crashcourse316 wrote:
switch to HDMI cable if you have one laying around. If you don't have an issue we can narrow it down to the Display port cable going bad, or at least something related to display port. If it's a power issue or monitor issue it will most likely keep happening. If it does keep happening I would suggest giving Asus a call or email ticket and request a new power supply. If switch to HDMI fixes the issue then I would first try give your DP cable a test by switching it to 60hz. if switching to 60hz. If the issue is still happening at 60hz try 60hz at 1080p. This is basically just lowering the amount of data going through the cable which should let us see if the cable is having issues sending the full 165hz data rate at 1440p. If either the 60hz change or 1080p res. change solves the issue then I would assume its a bad cable and go buy a new DP1.2 or higher cable.

Thank you for your big help man.I'm lucky to have warranty . ı will try these.

I think its DisplayPort cable is broken.I put HDMI cable now so far so good.So Do I have to send Technical Support? Should I buy new gold played DisplayPort cable? I'm not sure though.

Crashcourse316 wrote:

I think its DisplayPort cable is broken.I put HDMI cable now so far so good.So Do I have to send Technical Support? Should I buy new gold played DisplayPort cable? I'm not sure though.Thank you for your help man.

Crashcourse316
Level 9
If the cable in the box is bad I would call Asus and try and get them to send you a new Cable depending on how long ago you purchased your monitor. But since Display port cables are not that expensive you could just go to your local retailers and buy the best one you can find. I would perform one more test though to verify the cable is bad. Run your display using the suspected bad cable at the max frame rate until you start seeing the flicker issue. Once you confirm the issue, Change the frame rate from the max 165 down to 60fps or lower in the nvidia control panel. If the flickering stops it confirms that the DP cable is bad and not the GPU or monitor port. Either way you need to get a new cable but confirming the issue is always nice.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v

If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

I contacted with ASUS Tech.They took my monitor and now its in repair.They say they wait for motherboard part to change with old.Cable its not the issue.Is there motherboard in monitor? Wow.Could you guess what is problem? I wait for them to fix it.

controL´ wrote:
I contacted with ASUS Tech.They took my monitor and now its in repair.They say they wait for motherboard part to change with old.Cable its not the issue.Is there motherboard in monitor? Wow.Could you guess what is problem? I wait for them to fix it.

Cant really guess the issue unless they told you more. There is a "motherboard" in all computer electronics. Even your mouse. They tested the board and found an issue is all we will probably ever know.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v

They gave me new monitor and still I don't know what caused the problem so I can't give about solution sorry about that.I'm using new PG248Q thanks for your help Crashcourse.