cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLED care on dual boot Linux/Windows System

pentastich
Level 7

I'm thinking of purchasing an external OLED monitor, such as the pg32ucdm. My system can "dual boot" into either Windows 11 or Linux. My question is about Asus OLED care. The documentation calls it a "special screensaver", but does not specify whether it runs internally to the monitor or is Windows software.

I have no problem using Windows to configure the monitor, but I would like to know whether, once enabled, which OLED Care features will operate under other operating systems.

1 REPLY 1

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @pentastich 

OLED pertains to the display's built-in pixel cleaning mechanism.

Pixel cleaning is an effective technique employed to counteract image persistence or burn-in on an LCD screen. This method entails the swift toggling of pixels, effectively clearing any lingering charge that could lead to ghosting or image retention. By doing so, pixel cleaning contributes to extending the lifespan of your display and preserving its overall quality. The automated process takes approximately 6 minutes and triggers when the monitor turns off. It is advisable to initiate pixel cleaning whenever the screen is in continuous use for 8 hours to ensure optimal performance.

• The activation of the pixel-cleaning function is influenced by the selected power setting.
  • In Standard Mode, pixel cleaning initiates automatically five minutes after entering Standby mode, experiencing No Signal, or when in Sleep Mode/Shutdown.
  • Pixel cleaning does not commence in Power Saving Mode following a computer shutdown or when entering Sleep Mode.

Silent_Scone_0-1707819428300.jpeg

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090