cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly bought pg279q and have a few questions

trylle
Level 7
So I bought the pg279q yesterday and I have a few questions really.

I cant seem to find any BLB, IPS-glow or dead pixels on my monitor which is great,but this is the first time I spent alot of money on a IPS monitor. I have 2x Dell monitors that is IPS but Dell is awesome at QC.

What tests can I do check the BLB and ips glow?
I have done the ufo test@144hz and I couldnt see any ghosting I think
- I have checked the monitor in a black background
- I played a movie with dark backgrounds and I cant seem to find anything


I'm also wondering if its possible to make costum profiles on this monitors so I can save em to switch fast between them. I found the optimum calibratoin on tftcentral which im currently using.
I also cant seem to find where I can set my monitor to 100hz on turbo mode. Im interested on setting the monitor and nvidia panel to 100hz so I can see how the pg348q is @100hz.
Also my turbo button really sucks for some reason
Im also noting when I bought the pg279q on the store the foot stand and monitor was assembled which is not standard

Is it possible to have ULMB in windows and when I start a certain game or any game that it will switch to gsync?

I can take a pic of my monitor on black background for you guys to see if there are any blb/ips-glow on it.


Any help is greatly appreciated.
385 Views
6 REPLIES 6

Kotronas
Level 9
Set refresh rate at 100 on nvidia panel. The monitor comes as a unit nothing to assemble so don't worry.
Ulmb works till 120 but you need,ad I know to switch between the Ulmb and gsync. If you don't see any blb or IPS glow that is good, I would recommend not to search more, something you don't know it doesn't make you head blow off. For defekt pixel open paint use white red blue yellow and make a fullscreen those images, if something is wrong you will see it.

Kotronas wrote:
Set refresh rate at 100 on nvidia panel. The monitor comes as a unit nothing to assemble so don't worry.
Ulmb works till 120 but you need,ad I know to switch between the Ulmb and gsync. If you don't see any blb or IPS glow that is good, I would recommend not to search more, something you don't know it doesn't make you head blow off. For defekt pixel open paint use white red blue yellow and make a fullscreen those images, if something is wrong you will see it.


Thanks for replying to me,I tried out the different colors and I couldnt find any dead pixels which is great. I did however noticed BLB in top right corner, but its not noticable for me when I am in windows, or movies. Its actually not much blb at all. I still need to find a movie with alot of black background.

JustinThyme
Level 13
To test for back light bleed or IPS glow just use the monitor as you normally would. Dont fall for the hype of turning up brightness to max, putting up a black screen then killing all the lights and blacking out your windows so the room is pitch black. I dont understand the mentality of setting up for failure. If you sit in a dark room staring at a black screen then you wont find help for that here, it takes a professional at your local nut house for that one as you really have major issues.

Just set it up for your preferences and go from there.



“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
To test for back light bleed or IPS glow just use the monitor as you normally would. Dont fall for the hype of turning up brightness to max, putting up a black screen then killing all the lights and blacking out your windows so the room is pitch black. I dont understand the mentality of setting up for failure. If you sit in a dark room staring at a black screen then you wont find help for that here, it takes a professional at your local nut house for that one as you really have major issues.

Just set it up for your preferences and go from there.


I am using my monitor as I normally use it tho,Im not trying to force myself to see any defects on it. I went to tfcentral and used the optimal settings that they recommended after calibrating the monitor.
I relly cant see almost any issues with my monitor,I must have won the lottery somehow. I dont know if I got a almost flawless monitor or if my eyes cant detect em.

This is what i just saw to do. This is how I test all my monitors. I stare at them till they have BLB. Then I complain.;) 😄 😛
JustinThyme wrote:
= brightness to max, putting up a black screen then killing all the lights and blacking out your windows so the room is pitch black.=



But for real my opinion below.

The only thing you should actually looks for out of the box are physical damages, Dead Pixels, And color uniformity issues. These are all issues that won't go away. The BLB hype train is usually only for people that have a OCD complex OR they actually have a legitimate claim of excessive BLB. Your monitor probably does show minor BLB in a few spots but as long as it's not bothering you during your main activities your good to go. Also if you do notice a minor BLB out of the box. I have noticed that the BLB on this monitor fades a decent amount over time. I think there is some unintentional settling that needs to happen after it's setup. Packing might be tight or just the weight of the monitor in the box I think pushes on the screen a bit and it needs to settle in. I noticed the BLB I have on mine has gone to about half of what it originally was.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Crashcourse316 wrote:
This is what i just saw to do. This is how I test all my monitors. I stare at them till they have BLB. Then I complain.;) 😄 😛



But for real my opinion below.

The only thing you should actually looks for out of the box are physical damages, Dead Pixels, And color uniformity issues. These are all issues that won't go away. The BLB hype train is usually only for people that have a OCD complex OR they actually have a legitimate claim of excessive BLB. Your monitor probably does show minor BLB in a few spots but as long as it's not bothering you during your main activities your good to go. Also if you do notice a minor BLB out of the box. I have noticed that the BLB on this monitor fades a decent amount over time. I think there is some unintentional settling that needs to happen after it's setup. Packing might be tight or just the weight of the monitor in the box I think pushes on the screen a bit and it needs to settle in. I noticed the BLB I have on mine has gone to about half of what it originally was.


Thanks for your input. I think alot of people are over exaggerating BLB aswell, but its a real issue to check for.
I might just go and check out europa report movie to check out if the blb is noticable when watching a movie,because i do watch alot of movies/series on my pc/ my main monitor.